The Official Superman Brony Fan Group! 52 members · 15 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2

Well guys... I know that everyone here likes at least two things... My Little Pony and Superman, so I've got something that I'd like to show you. This isn't a self promotion of any sort, no this is far from that. You see when I leave the service I have the ambition to become a writer/artist for DC comics... with one superhero in mind. (I'll give you three guesses and the first two don't count) This was something I wrote in about thirty minutes, and if somehow I was ever chosen to have the honor of being the writer for the Man of Steel... this would be the opener.

The last words of a Father

I wish you were old enough to understand this Kal…
I wish that as you lie there, wrapped in your blanket that you could hear me…
I wish that one day you would understand why your mother and I had to do this.
Kal… our world is dying…
I tried to warn them, I did everything in my power to tell them about the end, but they didn’t listen.
And now as our world falls apart around us, I have chosen to save the one thing I can.
That thing is you Kal… my first and only son.
I have chosen you of all beings on Krypton to save...
The last son of Krypton...
I know that you don’t understand what I’m talking about and the weight you will soon carry with your title…
But one day you will.
I have chosen a planet for you…
One similar to ours in many ways, but also drastically different.
On that planet you will be able to live as one of them, but you must always remember my son…
You won’t be one of them…
The planet’s star will give you incredible power…
Nearly endless strength,
Speed beyond all normal forms of measure…
Invulnerability to almost every form of weapon.
There will be those who worship you like a God, and given the powers you will soon have I wouldn’t blame them for it.
Then there are those who will fear you, ones who will see that power and be terrified, they will do everything they can think of to destroy you.
There will even be those who try to control you, they will see you as a tool to further their own means, whether they’re intentions be benign or malevolent.
But there is one thing you must always remember my son.
You are not a God, you are not a demon and you are not a tool.
You are a shepherd, a guide to the people of their world, so that they do not repeat our mistakes.
But you must remember something my son…
As you guide them, they will walk astray, they will stumble, they will fall.
It is your job to bring them back to the right path, it is you who must catch them when they fall, to carry them to the place they wish to be.
Our time grows even more fleeting Kal, our world shatters and tears as I tell you these things.
I just want you to know my son, that I never abandon you.
I gave you what every father always wants for their son, a chance at a better life.
Now go my son, go and become the one who gives hope to those who have none.
Become the light in the darkness, the beacon of hope that I know you will become.
And know that Lara and I love you, now and forever… my son… Kal-El.

So... what do you guys think? Do I have what it takes or should I stick to MLP Fanfiction?

Just incorperate it into a MLP fanfiction, On a sidenote, I favor Marlon Brando's Jor-El over the Jor-El played by Russell Crowe. But just merge the two Jor-El's together and it'd be spectacular

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2