The Official Superman Brony Fan Group! 52 members · 15 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11
Captain Lunar
Group Admin

This scene from Smallville always gets me.

Superman is someone we want to be like, not just in powers but in mindset as well. To always do the right thing and to always strive to improve the lives of our fellow man. It's this idea that the New 52 Superman lacks. New 52 Earth 2 Superman had this quality about him. Unfortunately that's gone. So I ask you. Who weeps for the future generations who will never know how inspirational Superman should be but isn't now?

Avenging-Hobbits
Group Admin

1929399 I WEEP FOR FUTURE GENERATIONS

I haven't left this group, Dude...

Actually, I'm not kidding anyone. This Superman has a lot more attitude than almost any of the others. That being said, I full confidence in DC that he will become the hero we we're used to, for the most part :twilightsmile:

Captain Lunar
Group Admin

1929443 My only problem with that is we shouldn't have to wait for it!! Earth 2 Superman showed they had the capability of giving us the Superman we wanted and needed from the get-go!

1929736 He's a lot older, though. And his parents didn't die yet (it's something that DC switches back and forth on between reboots).

Trust in character development. All will be well :twilightsmile:

Captain Lunar
Group Admin

1929760 And that's it right there. One of my MAIN problems with the reboot as a whole. We have to wait YEARS for characters to be like they once were. It sickens me :pinkiesick:

1929790 But you will get better

All will be well :twilightsmile:

I know that right now, we don't have the best possible Superman ever. But to be honest, is not the worst Superman. Do you remember the whole Blue/Red electrical Supermen? And what about the Exile saga and all that weird crap about Luthor's clone and the matrix thing.

The point is that Superman has always returned from those bad interpretations to be the character that we all love and admire. And for the Earth 2 Superman I can see that this is the direction they will try to give to the N52 Superman but after a lot of character development, just give it some time and all will be well (I need to stop using that phrase).

Wild man guessing here, but I think that maybe after Forever Evil, and after facing Ultraman and how bad can be the things if he lost control, maybe and just maybe he will try to be more centered in what is important: to see always the truth, that there is hope for everyone (yes even Luthor and Zod), to always fight for justice even when the world is against you (specially when the world is against you) and to stand for everybody, no matter who, when or where.

Thank you, thank you. You're a wonderful audience.

Go to 0:09

1929399 Do you know if there is a MLP Smallville crossover fic?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11