Button's Mom 1,597 members · 109 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9
Homunclus
Group Admin

Due to a cease and desist by Hasbro, Jan animations is discontinuing all its pony related animations, including Button's Adventures.

Story on EQD

All videos have been taken down from his channel. While it appears they own Button's mom, they don't own the style she was drawn into, so that is probably over as well.

They do have some plans, apparently including taking the ideas from the Button adventure series and using them in a new project. A video explaining things in more detail has been promised.

Meanwhile there is a silver limning. His tumbler blogs Ask-The-Crusaders and Ask-Emerald-May may came out of hiatus sooner

3137484 This move on Hasbro's part makes no sense. They rarely attack fan projects that make no money. So why attack JanAnimations? It's just...it makes no sense. :pinkiesad2:

It wasn't Hasbro apparently.

It was someone claiming to be Hasbro who was out to ruin his YouTube channel.

Edit: Also, here's a update from Hasbro themselves.

Homunclus
Group Admin

Where did you hear that?

There was a whole discussion of it at Derpiborru.

https://derpibooru.org/581805

3137784 I hope that's the case. I can't understand why the Button Mash videos would be a problem for Hasbro, especially with how it's embraced the fan community.

I sure hope Vogel steps in to help JanAnimations. A prayer to Luna goes out to you, Jan and Vox.

Well Hasbro can go suck a dick.

Slowly but surely, Jans stuff is coming back.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9