The Known World 327 members · 84 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3
Prince_Staghorn
Group Admin

Found to the south of the Badlands, Abyssinia's claim as an independent country rather than just a kingdom is a matter of debate, and just as many maps depict a distinct border outlining Abyssinia as those which do not, and the same can be said for Hippogriffia.

The territory/kingdom/principality of Abyssinia lies within the Mexicolt border, and actually takes up much of the eastern border, with Klugetown lying roughly a day's walk southwest of Sidhe. From there, the Abyssinia stretches mainly westward, stopping only a few miles from the Mt. Aris, which lies only a little east of where the kingdom of Hippogriffia officially begins.

Abyssinia's main population consists of various felines, mainly of a southern variety of Wampus Cat, though Klugetown hosts a wide variety of species descended from animals which have fed on magical residue.

Klugetown

Various "Klugetowners"

Additionally, Klugetown seems to be home to a small population of clanless Skaven, burlier than those found in Stirrope, who seem to have carved out a niche as the main engineers of the town.

a Klugetown Skaven

Klugetown is an area off the law's radar, with slavery being legal and body parts being sold in market stalls.

Abyssinia's "capital" of Panthera is more akin to an Equestrian city such as Canterlot, but is rarely visited by outsiders.

Hippogriffia is mostly devoid of towns, instead being defined by the massive saltwater cavern that stretches from Mt. Aris to the west coast.

Hippogriffia's single city is the abandoned ruins on the top of the mountain, leading to the underwater cavern where the inhabitants fled from the Storm King centuries ago, their queen using a magical pearl to transform them into a race more suited to life in the submerged caverns.

Can I get approval to feature this in my story?

Prince_Staghorn
Group Admin

6277873 [sticker of approval]

link me to the story when done

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3