Steam and Copper Ponies 12 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3
Sagltypes
Group Admin

So, here is the first story starter challenge for this group: take this beginning of a story, and work forwards from the 'flashback' segment to end up where it starts.

(Present Time)
As I stood on the bow of the airship, I sighed. It was going to be a long battle. I spun the wheel around, pushed forward the lever for the steam thrusters, and yelled "fire" as the ship swung around to face the enemy. With the boom of cannons, the bang of magic projectiles being fired and the metallic ring of clashing swords, the war had begun...

(Five Years Ago)
"Congratulations Captain, she's all yours." Said the grizzled Dirigible-Navy General, as he showed me onto the brand new air-schooner, shining with brass and polished wood. I had been training in the D.N. for almost 10 years, all for this very honor of becoming the captain of my own ship, and I couldn't be more proud! "So," said the general, "it's about time you met your crew"...

I'd wait for the group to kick off before doing this sort of stuff. Unless, of course, you're just getting prepared, in which case carry one.

Sagltypes
Group Admin

Yeah, I'm just getting set up for whenever anyone joins.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3