Film Lovers 38 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7

A long time ago "MLP:EQ:RR" was just a trailer, A confirmation that "Equestria Girls" was going to have a sequel. I was less than happy with it.

Then the movie came out, to generally positive thoughts, and I watched it with a healthy amount of suspicion. And it was basically like getting a Pepsi when you really wanted a Coke; it was close to what you wanted, but just far away enough to be frustrating. I didn't really like Rainbow Rocks, but at least I didn't really hate it.

But there is a third Equestria Girls movie in the works, and to me it's, well, it's actually got me cautiously optimistic. Coming from one of the bigger naysayers of the whole "human-pony in a high school" idea I think that's saying something about EQ3.

Now, all that we know about EQ3 comes from a Marvel movie style after the credits scene at the tail end of Rainbow Rocks, so if you haven't seen the film yet all of this will be spoilers.

An aside here, if you haven't seen Rainbow Rocks yet and aren't morally opposed to watching it, why not? You can watch it on TV or Streams or low quality YouTube, and if you want to buy it you have the unique opportunity to see it before you have to give it money so that you can make sure it's something you want to support.

Ok, enough stalling, if you haven't seen Rainbow Rocks and don't want spoilers this is where you get off the train. Come back when you've seen the movie. If you have seen it or just don't care, meet me about 50 lines down.

Ok, good, now we can get to talking.

If you don't care about spoilers or just need a refresher, at the end of the credits we see human Twilight looking at some charts. The camera cuts to see that she has been doing a lot of data collection on science stuff, and all of the roads lead to Canterlot high. "There's something strange going on at that school, Spike," she says, and Spike the dog barks happily in the background.

It’s not much, but it does have me cautiously optimistic about the third Equestria Girls movie because it will be doing something different, and opening the door to some fun possibilities.
Having a very science and logic human Twilight run into a situation where all science and logic fly right the F out of the window is something that I would like to see. Heck, Having a science and logic (and also friendless) Twilight run into her alternate self is something that I'd be interested in.

So basically, there's two ways that this can go in my opinion, one very good and one very bad. The good is that human Twilight figures out the whole mystery of Canterlot high in about 3 minutes, and then the movie goes off into places that I can't predict and that are interesting.

The bad would be if half of the movie is human Twilight is trying to figure out what’s happening at Canterlot high. This would be dumb, because the fact that Canterlot high has a portal to an alternate reality has to be the worst kept secret ever. Everyone in the student body knows about it. All Twilight would have to do is show up at the school and ask anyone if they've seen something strange. I don't think that the writers would go this way, but I’m hoping not.

So in conclusion, there's a chance that EQ3 could be just as disappointing to me as the first two. But for the first time, there's a chance that I'll actually unapologetically be interested in watching an Equestria Girls movie.

Only time will tell.

3720756 Equestria Girls 3: Twilght Vs Twilight

3720802 close, but the real title should be "Equestira Girls 3: Twilight v Twilight: Dawn of Justice"

3720832 I have a feeling that the Twilight Sparkle from the human world is going to be the villain in the third movie

3720756 There's still the chance that Equestria Girls will be spun off into a tv show. Then again however, that could be what the rumored "Equestria Academy" is going to be.

oh no...
oh no...
oh no!!!
after I make my peace with the movies you're telling me that they might be making it into a full blown show?. I can deal with it once every two years or so, but not for seasons.
Damn and damn. It kinda makes sense too because they established Sunset Shimmer as the final member of the human six. they even got the letters to a mentor thing going on.
OH NO!!!!

I'm going to need a long, contemplative moment.

3721418 Well, if they're willing to improve on what the franchise did right, I say give them a chance. The series does open the doors to tackle issues that they can't tackle in the world of FiM.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7