Film Lovers 38 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 12 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 12

I was going to post a lot of stuff today, but like the best laid plans of mice and men something abruptly happened that derailed my original intent. Luckily for me, what happened is really good news, and if you frequent Equestria Daily you already know it.

In 2017 there will be a feature length wide release "My Little Pony" movie, Gen 4 with all the characters that we know and love, produced by Meghan McCarthy.

I'm cautiously optimistic about this one.

3720478 Really? No humanization:pinkiegasp:? That would (hopefully) be great:raritystarry:

3720478 well, it is being written by the guy who wrote Ice Age: Continental Drift:unsuresweetie:

But, on other hand, it still might be awesome

Herrpface
Group Admin

3720478 Might be interesting if they advance the animation in some way.

My biggest hope, though, is seeing the characters we like take form on the screen.

3720521 I hope Tim Burton or David Lynch gets to direct the movie

On the one hand I know that this will never happen, but on the other I'd be really interested to see what sort of MLP movie David Lynch or Tim Burton would make. If they were all in on making it it would be really interesting. If they weren't, it be like Burton's "Alice in Wonderland." *sigh*

3720844 The real question is that if Hasbro gives them the freedom to make the movie good. The reason why Alice In Wonderland sucked because the Disney studio execs were backseat directing that movie. Tim Burton works at his best when he has full creative control like he did with Batman Returns

3720844 Exactly.

David Lynch hated working on Dune, and it shows.

3720478 I hope the movie will attempt a PG rating. Nothing really major, but enough content to show that it's growing up with its audience.

yet again it's kinda a double edged sword. half of me thinks 'yeah, the audience is growing up, and it would be nice if the show would grow up with them (strangely it would be like harry potter if you were about 11 when the sorcerers stone came out).

but the more I think about it the more I think that it should stay true to how it is right now. a lot of the appeal of the show to lots of people is how it is idyllic and lighthearted, and a lot of the tension of the show comes from this. for me anyway watching a two parter of MLP is pretty damn intense because whats at stake, this whole idyllic and happy place, is at risk of being ruined. there aren't that many idyllic and happy places left. If the movie was PG, a little darker than the show, some of the idealism would be gone, and for me that would make it less tense.

if they make the movie just as the show and it gets a PG, ok, I just hope they don't try and make it something it isn't.
After all, that's our job!

You're saying that I should watch "Batman Returns" aren't you?

3720478 Okay, after reading up on this some more, I'm quite hopeful and a little excited. :rainbowkiss:

3721370 What I am saying is that Batman Returns is so good and Alice In Wonderland is so bad that you might think that they were made by two different people. Tim Burton had the freedom to make Batman Returns good but Disney did not let him to do a good job on Alice In Wonderland and that movie ended up as a mediocre movie made for lazy cash grabbing studio execs and by lazy cash grabbing studio execs. And I actually do recommend Batman Returns it is the most unique superhero movie ever made and it is way darker than Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 12