Weston College Annex 15 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 18 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 18

I don't have time at the moment to start all the threads I like to, but I thought I'd at least start one on genral use of this forum. For the moment, I'd use it to start threads to talk about the reboot, what needs to be done, what we'd like to change, and so on, and also start threads to see what the threads we want to create for after the reboot will look like. For locations, I'm planning on having stickied threads with link to non-stickied threads to save space, and I'd like to see how that works out.

I'd prefer if we didn't derail the threads too much here, and think of any thread here as temporary, since if we do the reboot here, we'll probably delete most of them when we're ready.

Whether the reboot is done to this group or another is obviously up to C&S, but either way, this'll give us somewhere to test things.

Oh, and the banner is something I did using Gimp lst night. Not sure if it's staying, but I like how it looks. Also, Eru is the only other person on my list that I felt we should add. I'll let all of you discuss if there should be anyone beyond that for now.

Later tonight, I'll come back and see about at least reposting a few threads from the main group.

--Silversmith Senna Spoon

1418164 Mm, nyes, I like what you did with the banner.

Melkor
Group Contributor

What I'd like to do is.
1. Compile all known locations/descriptions, and make a functioning map.
2. Redo bad descriptions of said locations, if they need it that is.
3. Brain storm some good class/leveling schemes, or find a good one we can use.
4. specify what each class will have/do. (Are we going with JROTC/ROTC as a class?)
5. Create character creation rules.

F4D3
Group Admin

I think we have everyone we need right now, but if I see someone we might need here I'll tell everyone so.

When you have the time, would you be able to repost your locations thread here? As that would be an excellent place to start. I myself have a few threads I'd like to post, but I want to wait a little before doing or saying anything too drastic.

Melkor
Group Contributor

I believe silver had a list of locations in the other group's forum.

F4D3
Group Admin

For JROTC, I think it'd be best to have a class for it, and have a club as well for those who are more interested in it.

As for classes, I feel that we should maybe develop a kind of 'lesson plan' for each of the core classes (Not yet decided what is and isn't a core class) for the teacher to follow. Classes should also be kept interesting. For instance, for my biology class I was planning on having the students explore the forest and observe the wild life it has to offer.

F4D3
Group Admin

Yeah I know, but I'd like it to be here as well, if only so it's easier to look through and find the descriptions without all the derailment.

Melkor
Group Contributor

Should I post "The Amethyst Café" or should I wait a bit?
I'll start with the description, but won't put it down until you tell me it's ok.
I like the idea of JROTC being a class, but I'd have to delegate certain responsibilities to someone else if you want it during the week.

F4D3
Group Admin

I think wait on the cafe for a little bit.

I think by now it's common consensus to have classes on the weekend. I'm sure someone here would be more than willing to manage any events you have planned but not be able to manage during the week, or if no one does I can try, although my knowledge on JROTC is fairly limited.

Melkor
Group Contributor

Ok.
I'll start by linking all of our known locations, to their respective threads in my next comment.
It'll take me a while.

Melkor
Group Contributor

Character changes A lot of people posted their new OC descriptions here.

Locations:

Announcement Board (Special thread)

School Front Gate

Dorms:

Saphire Owl

Scarlet Fox

Green Lion

Violet Wolf

Dining Hall (Pre-Reboot weirdness)

Infirmary/nurses office

Library

Guidance Counselor Office

Application Office

Courtyard (includes vending machines, benches, trees, etc. Center of college.)*

Main Hall

Classrooms:

- Arts Center

- Music Room

- Auditorium

- History Classroom*

- Science Classroom*

- Smithy

- Workshop

- Dojo

- Gym

Pool

Administrative Complex:

- The Head Mistress' Office

- Vice Principals Office

- Staff Room (Same as Teachers Lounge)

Teachers Lounge

- Staff Quarters

Weston College Gardens

- The Swan Gazebo

- The Fear's Labyrinth

- Weston College Sewers*

- The Catacombs

Nearby Areas:

-The Fields Outside the College

- Dreadnought Mountains*

- Castle Ruins/mines*

Knightstone Village

- Town Hall

- Madam Fittings' Shop

- The Shield and Sword Book Store

- The Knight Barracks Pub & Grill

- The Mad Pony's Shoppe O' Fun and Games

- Knightstone Daycare

- Sharp Smite's Weaponry*

- The Old Thatched Cottage Restaurant*

- Knightstone Farmers Market*

- Knightstone Inn*

- The Relaxation Center

- The Amethyst Café

- A Secluded Waterfall Near The Village

- Knightstone Lake / A Small Lake By the School

- Meetinghouse (aka the church)

- The Forest

Unlisted locations

The Chapel

The Cross and Arrow Abandoned Mental Institution

The Coroner's Office

The Firing Range

The Foal Time Baby Shop

The Knightstone Orphanage

F4D3
Group Admin

Alright, that helps.

We should probably start up a new thread where we can post new descriptions and suggestions. And I doubt those unlisted locations will make a reappearance, unless MidnightBloom comes back and wants the mental institution in the reboot.

Comment posted by Melkor deleted Aug 3rd, 2013
Melkor
Group Contributor

I'm going to bed, but I'll complete my list tomorrow.
By the time I get to Friday I've built up a healthy dose of sleep deprivation.

Thanks. I downloaded this other black and white picture, stiched it all together, did the gradiant in the background, then added just enough color to give a nice effect. But then, I am supposed to be the art teacher, right? Pre-reboot, anyways. (Though I am actually not great at drawing. I'm just pretty good with editing images and composition.)

I was planning on it; that's one of the ones I was going to restart here. Though it looks like it's in this thread now too.

The bottom of the front page has a preliminary list of core classes, though it's mainly based on what we have teachers for.

The weekend would be much easier for me. Though we need activities for people that are available during the week, though. Clubs could cover a decent chunk of that. And sports. Cricket?

Anything with an asterick won't have a link, since it was just mentioned. And anything with a hyphen isn't intended to be stickied, but rather to be linked to from a stickied thread. I'm thinking, for example, of a Knightstone Villiage thread that's stickied and has links to all the places in the village, which aren't. That's something that I really want to see how well it works, though.

She offered to let me delete it when I unstickied it, so probably not. The Joker wants the Dean's office back on the list, but I ignore any requests starting with "You f***ing b***h"...

--Silversmith Senna Spoon

Melkor
Group Contributor

Should I even bother finishing that list then?
It seems like it's not needed.

The links could still be pretty useful.I just mainly wanted it in its own thread. I'd say to go ahead, and I'll copy them over to my post afterwards.

--Silvy

Melkor
Group Contributor

Where do you want it?
I accidentally posted it last night, and it made editing a hassle. That's why I went to bed... and my headache.:fluttershyouch:

It'll be easier if I just do it myself.

Anywhere in its own thread would be fine. Though it's more difficult to edit the first post of a post, because it doesn't give you any of the buttons for inserting bbcode, and doesn't let you preview it. It might honestly be easier to edit it where it is, then copy it.

Of course, I've gotten in the habit of usually typing out all the bbcode in a post, personally.

--Silvy

Edit: Never mind the first. My brain doesn't work first thing in the morning.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 18