Friendship is Writing 96 members · 779 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5
Davidism
Group Admin

So what are some of the most outrageous ideas you've seen for a fan-fiction?

What are some of the most outrageous you might have thought of?

What stories are so out there that you are sure they could never work?

Thought of some outlandish ones last night during my writing of the current tale I'm working on. A parody/montage of "Misery" but with MLP characters in it. A horror/comedy if you will with no blood or gory matters but alternatives that can be one minute 'scary' the next minute 'goofy'. Another one was pure horror stories that are inspired by many long lists of phobias. Some of them that I read on a long list of them helped inspired me to create a few tales based on some of the chosen phobias. Gonna be interesting once I finish my first project! :pinkiecrazy: :pinkiehappy:

This is actually cannon fodder for me, though I'm mainly limited to romance shippings, so that's mainly what this is pointed to.

I base all my ideas (sparse as they've been so far) as to what WOULDN'T work, and make it so they can. If it's commonplace, it has too much potential to be boring. Not that I have anything wrong with them, (a few of them are even my favorites) but how many AppleDash or TwiDash fics are there? Now how many are truly original?

What inspires me for stories is what hasn't been done, who isn't well represented, and who has been given a one-dimensional personality that shouldn't be there at all. (This does lend itself to background ponies. I personally like that. It's novel and can be developed in many ways.)

Fellow writers, in extension of Davidism's topic, I offer this challenge:
Find something that doesn't work. MAKE it work. Examples:

Pair Soarin' with Rarity.
Pair Rainbow Dash with Aloe or Lotus.
Pair Fluttershy with Spitfire (especially post-Wonderbolt's Academy Spitfire).
Pair Twilight with Photo Finish.
Pair Applejack with Sapphire Shores.
Pair Pinkie Pie with Fancypants.

Find something that sounds weird as Tartaros and do it!
Oh, and don't steal my sequel ideas. That'd be mean. Not that I'm telling you what they are. :ajsmug:

Davidism
Group Admin

I've always wondered why there hasn't been a Queen Chrysalis story where she wanders to earth in her greed or dementia, changes into a human, and latches onto the life of some guy who unwittingly dates and loves what is essentially a succubus, though on the same turn, Chrysalis is hesitant to leave the only person that genuinely cares for her. So how do things work out when her human-companion/lover is threatened, and she has to reveal her true form?

I want to see a story that actually gets into the head of Chrysalis, has her learning customs and lifestyles in America or Europe, and has her finding companionship in a world without talking ponies, and a story which doesn't just make her some vacuum cleaner for love. if anyone wants to write that story, please feel free.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5