Friendship is Writing 96 members · 779 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4
Davidism
Group Admin

So, I'm one of those writers that likes to challenge myself, I consider it an opportunity to grow as a writer. So, speaking for myself, I can't really say that there is a preference when it comes to writing stories. I have written Human in Equestria, I'm writing a Pony on Earth, I'll be trying my hand as "mild" clop later on, and I have plans on a Brony Satire once Leave the World Behind is complete.

Do any of you writers have a preference for which types of stories you write? Maybe what you prefer to write is even different than what you read.

Let us know about it.

To me it shouldn't be about what you write but what can you write. If you force yourself on something that you don't feel comfortable or not even prepared for than it might bite you some in the end (though it doesn't mean you can't complete it with a sense of solid ground in the end). I'm trying my hand myself in some MLP made fan fictional stories. I will admit, they won't be perfect . But regardless I put forth my own time, heart and soul into them with enough care to hopefully find some form of relevance. But, if you want challenging then I dare you to make and emotionally driven story about one of the main six, drama, romance and maybe some minor serious themes in them like maybe some albeit dark themes (i.e. horror) but the last part is optional. I feel a bit...moodish. I forgot what drama and sadness and misery felt like in this world. ...I know this might come as a bit weird or a shock from somebody on here but. Could you make a vividly, emotionally made story? Just to feel some empathy and tears again? If you under go this test or 'challenge' I would greatly read your tale. :pinkiesad2: I'm working on something that you're more than welcome to see and to give your honest fair criticisms. My series is called "My Little Pony: Friendship is Wacky! which its somewhat serious but with some random goofy humor thrown in to try and make it a bit light humored but not too much though. Again, you are more than welcome to see it. :twilightsmile: I wish you luck on whatever you undertake at hand and I'm also looking for extra hands in helping, guiding, editing, etc. on my works too. You could say I'm more towards collaboration and a team player as well. I digress, find your mark and don't let it go. Again, good luck friend! :twilightsheepish: :scootangel:

Davidism
Group Admin

In all truth, my post wasn't asking for what I could write next. I was just saying that i have a wide range of genres that I write, and so I don't really have a preference when it comes to any specific style I write in, or what i read. I'm kind of all over the place in that regard.

i was asking more or less which you guys preferred, if you had any preferences. Though, I do plan on tackling Noir, and even "Sad" at some point. :twilightsheepish:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4