The Marvel/DC Co-Fan Club 718 members · 565 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4

Anachronism. Why? Well for one, he's basically Celtic Thor. Yes, person with the power to transform into a Celtic god or Tuatha De Dannan as they're called in the native tongue. As someone with strong Irish/Scottish ancestry, I'm proud to see the Celts getting some love!

HAIL TO THE CELTS!!!

Avenging-Hobbits
Group Admin

Yes I know this isn't technically a Scottish song, but it was the first one that popped into my head.:twilightblush:

2047059 Neither was the one I posted, it was from the Irish rock band Dropkick Murphys :twilightsheepish: But the Celts fall into the classification of British, Scottish, Irish, and Welsh, so both are pretty accurate. It's just that the Irish, Scots, and Welsh have a stronger tie to their Celtic roots, unlike the British who became heavily influenced by the Romans during their occupation of what is now England.

Also I just love his name. Anachronism, which means "A thing belonging or appropriate to a period other than that in which it exists" which in this case means he belongs more in the past. I think a quote used to describe Marv from Sin City applies here

"He'd be right at home on some ancient battlefield swinging an axe into another guy's face"

Avenging-Hobbits
Group Admin

2047117 BECAUSE HE'S A BADASS

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4