The Marvel/DC Co-Fan Club 717 members · 563 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3

Here's an idea I recently had; basically, what if Superman existed in the Batman 66 universe.

Premise: The Joker, the Penguin, the Riddler, have escaped prison. The only clue leads the dynamic duo to Metropolis, the city of tomorrow. The 3 villains attack and raided a World Science Fair for advanced tech to be used for crime. However, before Batman & Robin can stop them, Superman. Even with their new stolen tech, they were no match for the Man of Steel.

Both Robin and the 3 villains are amazed with the new hero, much to Batman's jealously. However, Metallo the Machine man, break the 3 out, re-steals the advanced tech from the fair and goes on a World Crime Spree.

Now the Bright Knight and the Man of Steel must work together to stop this cabal of crime.

Yeah. I kind of like the idea. To be fair, the comics DID do a crossover with the 60s Batman and the 70s Wonder Woman, so I don't see why they couldn't do one with the 50s Superman.

Heck, I think the 50s Superman DEFINITELY deserved his own comic (could be called "Superman '55 as a reference to Batman '66 and Wonder Woman '77). After all, the comics wouldn't have the budget constraints that the 50s TV series had. And they could actually use modified versions of Superman's major rogues (such as Metallo [as you mentioned], Lex Luthor, the Toyman, Brainiac, Bizarro, General Zod, the Parasite and what have you).

Thanks and your ideas for a 55 Superman comic series sounds fun.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3