The Marvel/DC Co-Fan Club 717 members · 563 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1

For some reason, I can't help thinking about that Charles Barkley vs. Godzilla Nike commercial (as well as the comic book expansion on it) when thinking of that recent "Justice League vs. Godzilla vs. Kong" mini-series.

Anyway, what I was thinking was this - Charles Barkley - in his prime - was able to defeat Godzilla. Superman wasn't. In fact, Godzilla ended up making Doomsday look like a total wimp because Superman vs. Doomsday ended with them taking each other down (i.e. Superman literally gave as good as he got) while Godzilla pretty much dominated Superman the entire "fight".

That means, in hindsight, Charles Barkley in his prime was actually LITERALLY tougher than Superman.

I know that seems like a pretty bitter pill to swallow and, yeah, I'm not exactly too thrilled about it either. Superman is my second-favorite super-hero (behind only Batman and just ahead of Spider-Man). I'm just making an honest observation.

That being said, Superman IS my second favorite super-hero so I will definitely welcome respectful disagreement.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1