The Marvel/DC Co-Fan Club 719 members · 567 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10

Believe it or not Marvel does have a few speedsters. However for some reason they never do much with them if anything. They have a total of 4 and they don't do much with them. Their most famous is of course Quicksilver

Then there's Speed, Quicksilver's nephew

The third rate Spider-Man villain Speed Demon

And finally their Golden Age character known as Whizzer

My question is that why don't they try to utilize the characters more? Whizzer is dead, but they could easily make that a legacy character like The Flash is in DC. Or rather WAS thanks to the reboot tarnishing every legacy hero.

Avenging-Hobbits
Group Admin

2021359 Well, in the case of Whizzer, I think we can all agree a name change might be in order (unless Marvel plays it funny and has it that everyone snickers whenever he says his name).

In the case of Speed Demon, he can easily be made as a constant thorn in Spidey's side.

And in the case of Quicksilver and Speed...well I just guess it's because the X-Men universe has always been very complicated.

2021374 Whiz is another word for something moving rapidly through the air, as in a whizzing noise. But true it doesn't have that same ring to it as The Flash of The Blur. Actually in their MAX series Supreme Power(A far more adult take on their old Squadron Supreme comics and both in this case are homages to the Justice League in general), they have a character called The Blur, who is in fact supposed to be an homage to The Flash

Well Speed Demon is in his own series with other third rate villains in The Superior Foes of Spider-Man. And Quicksilver is gonna appear as a main character in the new X-Factor series in January. :0

Avenging-Hobbits
Group Admin

2021451 Not to mention he's getting the cinematic treatment in Days of Future Past AND Age of Ultron.

2021406 The Blur huh?:trixieshiftright:

IN the MC-2 Universe, home of Spider-girl, the daughter of Spider-man, there is Bluestreak, a Speedster for the Avengers Next team. :pinkiehappy:

2021359 Thats the same question I ask DC

2021406Whiz is also a eufamism for peeing, which as the first thing that came to my mind.

2022073 Yeah, but.................... Okay point taken :facehoof:

2022085 I'm sure they guy is a great character, but he needs a new name.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10