The Marvel/DC Co-Fan Club 718 members · 565 stories
Comments ( 21 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 21

WHO WOULD WIN?!

DISCUSS IT HERE!!!

2020211 Superman. However I don't take my word for it, take Angry Joe's word for it!

Avenging-Hobbits
Group Admin

2020211 Superman is most favored due to his powers.

Batman has the advantage of his gadgets, but not much else.

2020219 seen it, but you tell me why, though! :ajsmug:

2020220 but who do you think will win?!

I dunno. Although its very likely that Batman has some kryptonite set aside, just in case. :p

Avenging-Hobbits
Group Admin

2020242 Superman.

For the very reasons I said above.

Remember, once Batman is without his gadgets, he's only a normal human being. A smart one, but still a normal one.

2020242 Superman. The guy can move at speeds close to The Flash, is bulletproof and nigh indestructible, and every instance outside of continuity where Bruce has managed to beat Clark, he was severally weakened or written as an idiot.

Case in point, The Dark Knight Returns. Superman took a nuke, which severally injured him(Wouldn't in the mainstream universe, but alternate universe so we'll overlook that). Even then, when Bruce electrocuted him with the entire power grid of Gotham itself, he would have seen that coming. If he was recovered enough from the nuke to fly and use heat vision, then he was recovered enough for super hearing and sight. Secondly, even in that comic Superman is the only one left standing after as Bruce was in FAR worse shape after it.

Secondly, everyone brings up the fact Bruce could pull out the Kryptonite. Okay in the second, maybe two, it would take Bruce to reach for the compartment on his belt where the Kryptonite is, Clark could easily super-speed away and then heat vision him from afar, or throw something at him. Even just grabbed his arm at super-speed and stopping him!

Thirdly, Superman is smarter than Batman!! Yes, Bruce is a great detective! He's studied criminology and forensic science! He's a great tactician!! But he's nowhere near the world's smartest man as he has to rely on OTHERS for his gadgets to be made and upgraded. Sure in some cases he can improvise them on the fly, as seen in the Arkham game series, but for the actual development of them he relies on Lucius Fox!! Superman, in addition to being incredibly intelligent himself, faces Lex Luthor quite frequently. The confirmed "Smartest Man on Earth" who has come close to beating Superman numerous times!! Lex is able to build and design extremely complicated and deadly devices and isn't a half-bad strategist either. So Batman won't be outsmarting Superman any time soon.

2020323 I hate when people say that Superman is a Mary Sue character :twilightangry2:

2020333 When did I say that? I never said that. My point is that Bruce literally has NOTHING going for him in this fight. I think Joker said it best

2020341 You didn't. Different thread

heheheh

I hijacked a thread about theology and made it Superman vs. Batman :rainbowlaugh:

2020360 :trixieshiftright:............................................................. And how'd they react? :unsuresweetie:

2020380 Hijacking was a pure success!

We didn't go back to talking about Theology, at least not yet! :rainbowlaugh:

2022348 He has like ten powers and is usually portrayed as kind of a boyscout with a very strong moral compass, his back story is his home planet got blown up. How is that not a Mary sue or Gary stu? Whichever you prefer.

2022409 How is Batman not a Gary Stu? :trixieshiftright:

2022513 Every famous super hero is a Mary/Gary in some way. To single Supes or Bats out is unfair

2022567 Iron man is a constantly recovering alcoholic who you can't trust as far as you can throw :ajbemused:

No offense to his fans, though :trixieshiftright:

2022593. So. He's not really all that powerful though. Plus his origins were rather played down. He's not perfect and never has been.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 21