The Marvel/DC Co-Fan Club 717 members · 563 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7

Here's another idea that's been in my head for a while. A story involving Batman and the Black Panther who were once friends in this continuity. Also, Wakanda is a part of the DC universe in this story.

Premise: Years ago, Thomas Wayne finds an injured man, brings him home and tends to his wounds. To Thomas' shock/surprise, the man in question is none other than King T'Chaka; the mysterious but technological advanced African nation of Wakanda. In gratitude for saving his life, T'Chaka allowed Thomas to learn some of Wakanda's medical knowledge. Even asking Thomas to allow his children on trip to Aspen.

While close friends, T'Chaka and Thomas did not agree on everything. Infact during a visit, the two got into an argument over Wakanda not sharing to cure for cancer with the world. Sadly, that was the last time they would ever speak as both Thomas and Martha were shot down. Then at Wayne's funeral, T'Chaka was killed. The lives of their sons, T'Challa and Bruce were forever changed.

Cut to present day where T'Challa is now king and protecter of Wakanda whereas Bruce has become Batman. Both learn that their respective fathers were killed by the same man. However, both disagree on how he should be punish for his crimes. Bruce also discovers that there's more going on. Can Bruce convince his old friend not spare the man who took their fathers' lives long enough to find out the truth?

Or will Batman be forced to fight the Black Panther?

Also, I had an idea for a sequel (If the writer wishes to do so) where T'Challa and Ramonda has been kidnapped and evidence points to the Amazons. At the same time, Diana was attacked and left in a coma. The only clue was a weapon made of Vibranium. Now Shuri and Donna Troy must work together and find the real culprits before Wakanda and Themyscira go to war.

Pretty good story idea. And, yes, it's about fifty-fifty on whether or not Batman would be able to reason with Black Panther or if it would come down to a fight.

Rather good sequel idea too.

A possible prequel for those that like the story idea enough: A team-up of the Justice Society and Captain America set in 1944 (during the same time as the D-Day Invasion, but that is only important as historical info). While the Justice Society are unable to get directly involved in the European invasion due to Hitler's use of the Spear of Destiny, they ARE able to assist Captain America on a case involving Nazi-created super-villains attacking Wakanda for their Vibranium supplies (in order to create armor for their troops made from one of the same two materials as Captain America's shield [which is made from an equal mix of Adamantium and Vibranium]). Of course, the Justice Society and Captain America end up encountering and working with THAT era's Black Panther.

Thanks.

Also, good ideas.

You're welcome.

Another possible sequel idea: Batman, Wonder Woman and Black Panther teaming up against Ra`s al Ghul. Out of all of Batman's rogues, I think Ra`s would probably be the one that would be the most likely to show an interest in Wakanda as well as the one that would be most likely to have the ambition, intelligence and resources to be a credible challenge to Batman, Wonder Woman AND Black Panther at the same time.

Well, maybe a combination of Ra`s al Ghul doing the brainwork with Cheetah and Giganta doing the hired muscle-type dirty work.

Again, those are great ideas.

Forgot to add this part.

I could see Ra`s holding Wakanda in high regard, believing it to be the pinnacle of human civilization. And I could see Ra`s aiding Erik "Killmonger" in claiming the Throne of Wakanda and in exchange helping him with his plans.

Most definitely. That all makes a great deal of sense.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7