The Marvel/DC Co-Fan Club 717 members · 563 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5

This is an idea that's been rattling around my head since July of last year. Inspired by watching Batman: The doom that came to Gotham and Comickook's Superman vs Classic Monsters story.

Premise: It's the 1920s and Clark has been Superman for 6 months. He had beaten every foe that has threatened Metropolis. But now he face's his greatest challenge. After foiling a cult's attempt to sacrifice children, the cult leader boast that even the Man of Steel shall fall when The Eternal Nightmare arrives.

Superman recognizes this name from his dreams/nightmares he's been having. Of a huge shadowy Leviathan with multiple tentacles. Leading him to do some investigating. And what he learns isn't good. The Eternal Nightmare is an ancient entity that supposedly predates the universe itself. It travels across space spreading madness and fear. And leaving dead worlds in its wake.

Infact his home planet of Krypton was destroyed by it. Only the cruel and the strong are able to resist its powers. And it grants power to those who worship it. And worst of all...it's coming for Earth.

Now with help from old friends (Lois & Jimmy) and new allies (Doctor Fate & J'onn J'onzz), Superman must face The Eternal Nightmare.

Let's be real, this is Superman vs a Lovecraftian horror aka "cosmic horror" monster. Because what's would be more fitting than the symbol of hope and optimism defending his adopted planet from a creature that represents hopeless and despair.

You bring up excellent points and this looks like it could be a really good one in the right hands.

And, if this cosmic menace has been leaving behind dead worlds, well, I have a feeling that the Green Lantern Corps (and possibly the Blue Lantern Corps as well) would definitely be taking enough of an interest to be trying to help Superman, Dr. Fate and Jon'n.

Heck, the effort to stop this Eldritch Abomination might end up leading Superman to help found the Justice League if he survives the final battle (and I hope he does) in order to better combat other major menaces (global scale or worse).

Thanks.

Never thought of that. You make a lot of great points.

Also, I came up with an idea of this universe's version of Sinestro Corps acting as the heralds/top muscle. What with them being powered by fear and all.

Makes an immense amount of sense.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5