The Marvel/DC Co-Fan Club 718 members · 565 stories
Comments ( 14 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 14

Keep The Punisher and Daredevil separate from the Avengers universe. Marvel should do an entire shared universe for their darker heroes like Blade, Punisher, Daredevil, Moon Knight, and Ghost Rider. Basically their characters that would need at the very least a low R rating for a proper film to be made with them. In other words a film universe in the same vein as their MAX line of comics, which is used to tell gritty, adult, and much darker stories than they can in their mainstream universe

Avenging-Hobbits
Group Admin

2017518 I think that Daredevil can still work in the Main Marvel Cinematic Universe while still being on the darker side of things.

But yes, in the case of Punisher and Blade, those would work best as Hard-R films, especially the Punisher film (if one is made).

Ghost Rider might work in either universe since once Doctor Strange comes in, it'll be easier to pass off Ghost Rider's origin.

Most likely though, Marvel will try to keep everything in the same universe, if only for continuity reasons.

2017548 I honestly cannot see The Punisher in the Avengers universe. Nor Ghost Rider really. They work in their own little corners of the Marvel universe, away from the bright and colorful costumed heroes.

Actually I thought of a better way to do it without the need for another universe. Set Daredevil, The Punisher, Blade, and Ghost Rider in the 80's. Make them period pieces like they did with Captain America.

A lot of Daredevil's best stuff happened in the 80's, The Punisher was really big in the 80's as well and it also allows him to still be a Vietnam vet in this setting. It also gives some history to this universe. Cap was the hero of the 40's and Daredevil was the hero of the 80's.

Avenging-Hobbits
Group Admin

2017597 See? Now that works.

It works best with Punisher, since, when you get down to brass tacks, he probably wouldn't last long.

As for Daredevil, one can play it slick and have his origin begin in the 80s (i.e. he was a teenager then), and then have him achieve Daredevil awesomeness in the present day, but have it cited that the Punisher was an inspiration.

I'm probably going to keep Lightning Dust/Punisher in the 80s of my universe. I think she, and by extension, the Punisher, works best in the past and not in the present, for very much the same reason you stated.

2017645 Matt would NOT have The Punisher as an inspiration. While he WILL work with Frank on occasion, Matt does not condone what he does at all. Yes Matt has killed before, but he doesn't go out on a warpath guns blazing, slaughtering petty criminals left and right.

Avenging-Hobbits
Group Admin

2017668 My mistake, I had a brain lapse and forgot that.

It is still weird that scene in the 2003 film where he lets the guy get cut in half by a subway train:applejackconfused: Always found that jarring.

Always found that jarring.

It's because he's not the bad guy, Kid :ajsmug:

2017688 Well like I said, Matt DOES kill. He doesn't always do it, in fact many times he goes out of his way to avoid it, but for some villains or criminals that are extremely dangerous and there's no way to keep them behind bars he will put an end to them sometimes. Especially if they REALLY piss him off. He was trained as a ninja. Ninjas tend to kill people believe it or not.

Avenging-Hobbits
Group Admin

2017708 Ah see it makes sense now.

The good old, "I'm not going to kill you, but I don't have to save you" clause.:ajsmug:

2017694 Hey Daredevil wasn't that bad!! If you take out the horrendous teeter-totter scene it's not that bad.

2017777 Well, there were a few other scenes that made no sense... like back flip dodging all those glass shards at the church... :applejackunsure:

2017799 Speaking of Daredevil, watch this or else! :flutterrage:

2017823 think you can do a Deathstroke video sometime? Maybe with 'you're going down' or 'blow me away'? :ajsmug:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 14