The Marvel/DC Co-Fan Club 718 members · 565 stories
Comments ( 17 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 17

This is a theory I've had in mind for a bit. If Marvel/Disney doesn't get the X-Men back proper, but they manage to get a single character, do you think Wolvie would be their best bet? I mean let's face it, with his amnesia angle, they don't REALLY have to go into his origin. Hell, before he was in the X-Men he first appeared in a Hulk comic and fought him which began their long standing rivalry of sorts

We didn't know he was a mutant then! And even when he was in the X-Men, before they decided on what his origin was, they made references to the fact he may not be a mutant at all!

Avenging-Hobbits
Group Admin

2015159 That is brillant!

Hugh Jackman himself said he tried to get Wolverine to appear in the MCU, but so far hasn't had any luck

2015754 Well of course he hasn't, he's an actor.

2015159 Disney should keep their mits off of Wolverine :ajbemused:

2017610 Why? Not like FOX has been doing a great job with him either. :applejackunsure:

2017620 I never liked Disney owning the rights to anything Marvel in the first place. Wolverine should not be separated from the X-men line, even if he started out as a Hulk villain :trixieshiftright:

2017610>>2017620 They haven't really done a great job with anysuper hhero's.

2017632 He wasn't a Hulk villain. He was just a guy who FOUGHT the Hulk. I mean look at that cover, the Wendigo was in that comic too!

2017635 True. Say what you will about Marvel's movie universe, but their baddest movies are at least mediocre and in the "Meh, it's okay" area.

2019256 Elektra disagrees. Any who I was talking more about Fox. I'm not their biggest fan.

2021835 Elektra wasn't made by Marvel, that was FOX too.

2021840 Which was who I was saying was doing dumb stuff. I love the Marvel made movies, with few misgivings, but over all it's been a great ride so far.

2022092 I was talking about.............. OH! Okay you thought I was talking about FOX. No, they only do X-Men at least halfway decent at best and horrible at worst. Really they should have stopped after X2 because that was the best X-Men movie to date. Well best Wolverine movie anyway since the X-Men franchise as far as movies go is Wolverine and The X-Men basically.

At this point I don't see why FOX doesn't sell the rights to Marvel but keep Wolverine. He's the one that brings in the cash if that's what they're after and we all know it is.

2022137 True, although, they haven't even Ben doing that great with him either in the, last two movies he starred in.

2022334 X-Men Origins was garbage. Entertaining garbage up until Not-Deadpool showed up, but still garbage. The Wolverine, though flawed in many areas was still a good action movie to me. Also Silver Samurai was still somehow felt more faithful to the comics than Mandarin was in Iron Man 3, despite being a robot suit and not the same character from the comics, so take from that what you will. Maybe it was because even if they switched who the villains were one of them was still actually a villain and not some kind of idiot actor playing the big bad villain of the movie.

2022396 True. Haven't seen The Wolverine yet though.

2022504 Well there's a villain fake out like Iron Man 3, but done a LOT better IMO

2022517 Oh. Think I'll catch that one in netflix

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 17