The Marvel/DC Co-Fan Club 717 members · 563 stories
Comments ( 60 )
  • Viewing 51 - 100 of 60

Super-Obam? Alternate universe where he is a Kryptonian President.

Power Ranger Kryptonian blue? Didio.

Not so Killer looking Moth? Didio.

Avenging-Hobbits
Group Admin

1960109 why do we need Obama to be from Kypton?!

That has no logic to it

1960015 I think a lot of those ideas were Grant Morrison's, to be totally honest.

And as we all know, Grant Morrison is awesome :yay:

Avenging-Hobbits
Group Admin

1960848 is Grant Morrison the one who made Magneto a drug addict and wrote All-Star Superman? That totally bazzare comic where Lex Luthor gets super powers because he feels old and Superman goes to power the sun or something stupid like that?

Cause I hated All-Star Superman. The art made me feel squicky for some reason.

1960881 how... could.. my mind is now :applejackconfused:

Booting.... booting... booting...

Restarting

Welcome to Windows

How cna you not like All-Star Superman? It's the definitive superman story. It's got more feels than you can shake a Scootaloo and Rainbow Dash picture at. Lex Luthor was feeling old because Superman wasn't, so he gave him cancer. It's an epic tale about our saviors last days on Earth and how he spent a whole year tying up loose ends, even getting Lex to feel remorse for what he's done.

It even gave us this prize panel

Yes, Grant Morrison does like simply, black and white villainy. He tried it on Magneto and it didn't work.

But please tell me, I'm genuinely curious. No sarcasm here

How can you hate All-Star Superman?

Avenging-Hobbits
Group Admin

1961131 The artwork was utterly hideous, the story felt strangely disjointed and diversionary (what was the deal with Samson and that other guy? They added nothing to the plot in any way shape or form). Lex Luthor's whole spiel about feeling old is cliche, and Lois was just a rabid superman fangirl that just as easily dropped Superman for Random Strong Dude.

Overall, it just felt unsatisfying and over the top. And not in a fun campy way.

1961358 it wasn't mean to be a concrete storyline, though. Each issue was meant to be it's own, the only common thread being, well, Superman dying.

Also, a little context might help. Grant Morrison says that it's a continuation of the Silver Age Superman, so I'd assume that Samson and the other guy were from that era, so it's easy to imagine that Louis would act that way.

I wanted to cry at parts of the story :pinkiesad2:

But you are entitled to your opinion... taking it all my willpower to just leave it at that

Avenging-Hobbits
Group Admin

1961377 Oh. See I didn't know that.

1961397 See? Context makes everything better!

Feel better about it over all now, then? :duck:

Avenging-Hobbits
Group Admin

1961403 I'll have to be dead honest with you so brace yourself:

No I don't feel better about it.

It still felt pointless, and the deification of Superman to literal Godhood (him being the one rebuilding the sun) is just uncomfortable to me. Maybe it's my Biblical literalist Christian upbringing talking, but I really don't like it when they make Superman some sort of God. He's not. He's a man. Sure, he's a powerful man, but is he without sin? No. Is he immortal? No. Is he omnipresent or omnipotent? No he's not. He can be killed with kryptonite, can't be everywhere at once, nor does he know everything that has happened, or that will happen.

Also doesn't help that Grant Morrison is an occultist (i.e. a practice of witchcraft) so that just taints my opinion of his work.

Not trying to ruin anyone's day, just expressing my feelings towards the work.

1961426 Well, you're certainly entitled toy our opinion on the matter, though I still disagree with you on it.

Here. Have some Skillet :twilightsmile:

• Viewing 51 - 100 of 60