The Marvel/DC Co-Fan Club 717 members · 561 stories
Comments ( 19 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 19

The cartoon series Avatar: The Last Airbender and its sequel series Legend of Korra has a LOT of comic book references.

Aang is like a cross between Captain America and Superman. He was frozen and wakes up in a different time, was the last of his kind, and the most powerful person on the planet. Also he had his own symbol on his head(Cap's A), and it was a triangle(Supes S-shield).

The way an Airbender's arrow tattoo is designed looks identical to Red Tornado's arrow design

Sokka's sword was made of black metal from a meteor, and Marvel's Ebony Blade was made from a meteor as well as being a solid black sword.

Toph Beifong basically had Daredevil's powers.

Zuko was a bigger scar away from being Two-Face, and he had a LITTLE Thor thrown in as he was a banished prince, had a manipulative sibling in Azula who filled the role of Loki, fought said sibling for thrown, joined team of heroes, etc.

For Legend of Korra, the Equalists are basically an anti-mutant organization like the Purifiers

Mako has Batman's origin.

Lin Beifong was shown swinging around in a manner identical to Spider-Man.

Hiroshi Sato and Asami Sato's relationship greatly mirrors Norman Osborn and Harry Osborn's. The fathers in the relationships claim to love their children, when in actuality would turn on them and harm them in a second if it suited their needs.

The main villain Amon is designed similarly to Doctor Doom with the mask and hood combination, his motivations and terrorist ideals seem to be based on V from V for Vendetta, as well as his "disfigurement."

The Equalists electric gloves function almost exactly like Iron Man's repulsor beams, as they fire from the palm of the hand.

In the Book 2 premier of Korra we are introduced to a new character named Varrick. He's a rich, genius inventor............. Who is for all intents and purposes basically Tony Stark

Avenging-Hobbits
Group Admin

AND NOW AVATAR IS EVEN MORE PERFECT THEN IT WAS BEFORE

1775510 Also, not really a Marvel/DC reference, but Korra herself has quite a lot in common with a comic book character. She's pigheaded, stubborn, abuses her powers occasionally, gets mad when people give her good advice and does the exact opposite of what they said, can be single minded, easily manipulated, is incredibly aggressive when she thinks she's right about something, at times is selfish and doesn't care who she hurts(Wrecking Mako and Asami's relationship).

Now what comic character is exactly like that?

Please not I LOVE those things about Korra. Makes her more unique and different from Aang.

Avenging-Hobbits
Group Admin

1775559 Oh I like Korra too.

1775573 As do I. Actually, all that stuff reminds me why I like Korra. Yeah I admit it, as much as I love tried and true heroes like Superman or Spider-Man who always try and do right by everyone, heroes like Spawn, Guy Gardner, even Eric O'Grady I love because they're almost the antithesis of what a hero should be like, yet are still heroes. Korra fits that so well and that's why I love her! She's a hero, but on her own terms. Let's put it in perspective. If Aang is Captain America/Superman then Korra is Spawn/Power Girl(PG can fit some of that too).

Also it's good to keep in mind that she's still pretty young and has been isolated most of her life, so she has good reason not to take other people's feelings into consideration as she seems to have grown up with a small tight-knit group of people. So with that in mind it does make sense that she never learned to consider the feelings of others.

Avenging-Hobbits
Group Admin

1775591 Why do I want a crossover where either the characters of either Avatar or Korra get into the Marvel Universe or the other way around?

1775623 I got some over on fanfiction.com if you're interested :twilightsmile:

Avenging-Hobbits
Group Admin

1775642 As long as their well written then hell yeah

1775657 Trust me, they're well written.

Avenging-Hobbits
Group Admin

1775661 THEN SEND ME LINKS

Huh... Now I fear that this show might make some of the same mistakes as DC and Marvel like how Marvel ruined the Punisher. God I hope nothing like that happens

Avenging-Hobbits
Group Admin

1776052 I'll read them as soon as I get the chance!

1775738>>1776052

I know

I'm awesome

Sing mah praises! :yay:

1776124 Don't forget to review! :rainbowdetermined2:

Avenging-Hobbits
Group Admin

1776129 me eyes be bleedin' because of the awesomeness laddie

Avenging-Hobbits
Group Admin

1776157 and i shall...

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 19