The Marvel/DC Co-Fan Club 717 members · 563 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10

This may be good news or bad news depending on what you think.

Yesterday, it was announced that the role of Bruce Wayne/Batman in the 2015 Man Of Steel sequel will be played by Ben Affleck.

I ask you fans, do you think this is a good choice or not? I'm still not so sure...

At least it's not Christian Bale, that's mostly all I care

Avenging-Hobbits
Group Admin

I honestly don't know how to react.

I don't hate Ben Affleck, but he's not a good enough actor to play Batman.

Kinda wish they got John Hamm....

Of course, David S. Goyer is writing it, so all my hopes were dashed awhile ago....

I'm glad I'm more of a Marvel fan.

Both DC & Marvel make promises, but Marvel actually delivers them.

All DC does is promise:
- They promised us a Flash movie and a Green Lantern movie, with David S. Goyer as the writer for both.
Did we get Flash movie? No.
Did we get Green Lantern movie? Yes, but David S. Goyer didn't write it.
- They promised us a Wonder Woman movie with Joss Whedon as writer and director.
Did we get Wonder Woman movie? No.

You see where this going?

Avenging-Hobbits
Group Admin

1586537 Well David S. Goyer also brought us this:

And Man of Steel's screenplay sucked.

I've never seen Blade, Blade II or Blade: Trinity. Too violent for me... yeah, I'm 17 and I can't stand graphic violence.

And I do agree; Man Of Steel looked very promising, but it wasn't really the big blockbuster advertised to be just as good as The Dark Knight. Truthfully, it was pushed into production very fast just so the team could keep the rights to the character.

That being said, I did find some aspects of the film enjoyable:
- The special effects were amazing.
- Henry Cavill wasn't a bad choice for the lead, and he did a pretty good job.
- And it does try to tell a good origin story.

Avenging-Hobbits
Group Admin

1586694 The visual effects were very good. Henry Cavill was an awesome choice but the rest of the screenplay dragged him and everyone else down.

1586537 a Flash movie is slated for 2016

You also need to take into consideration that Marvel has more misses than DC movies, even though DC movies aren't nearly in the same supply

In the end, it's all a matter of personal preferance.

1586891 I don't know man that's debateable. Comic Book movies didn't really get popular or good until the late 90's. I think the first one or two Super man movies did pretty good, but even then the characters didn't get popular until recently. There was also a Wonder Woman movie in the 80's which wasn't very good. Marvel's short falls were just more popular and recent. And even then they raked in alot of money.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10