The Marvel/DC Co-Fan Club 719 members · 567 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5

Okay this has bugged me for a long long long LONG time

But you know when Hal Jordan went crazy after cyborg superman destroyed coast city and ebing possessed by parallax he tried to restart the univer after murdering the guardians and most of the corps

Then Kyle Rainer was recruited and became the only GL for a while afterwards

So what happened?

Basically what I mean is that while I have not read zero hour or any story that might explain it, how did the guardians and toe corps come back after Hal was supposed to mruderedmurdered most of them

Were they in hiding or did Hal do a lousy job of murdering the corps? Here were they when Kyle was being the only gL for a period of time?

Only One Guardian survived Hals' Parallax Rampage- Ganthet, the Guardian who gave Kyle the ring

Basically, Kyle went through some real shit. First, he went through time and brought Hal back(Pre-parallax coruption) to the present and had a run in with a time travaling Hal-Parallax(Zero Hour era) that had him return hal back to the past to keep the timeline on track.

Then his ring malfunctioned really weirdly and caused the "Circle of Fire" event which resulted in some odd team ups (Manhunter GL- Yes, one of THOSE Manhunters[a reprogrammed one, but still] and Firestorm/The Atom and 2 of Kyles Decendants from the future with his ring/Adam Strange and a Female 'Flash lantern' call the Green Flash/Powergirl and a Daxamite GL From the Middle Ages/And Kyle teamed up with an alternate version of his dead first Girlfriend Alexandra DeWitt), and the main villain was a charater that KYLE HIMSELF created when he was a kid. That was a key plot point to how to defeat Oblivion.

Oblivion was beaten after kyle realized the the "GLs" he'd accidentally summoned were actually parts of himself due lingering fears and doubts he still had, With Oblivion being his fears and doubts made real (essentially, Oblivion was Kyles' Parallax, only not really).

That lead to the Ion Event which had Kyle briefly become a god, that lead to the Central Battery being Recreated and the rest of the Guardians (Ganthet never died)being Reborn (Oa had being Remade a while back by a Repentant Parallax/Hal before he died in Final Night by sacrificing himself to save earth from a suneater that had eaten the suns energy). Ironically enough, it was Hal, who at the time was the Spectre as he wanted to make up for his stint as parallax, who convinced Kyle to give up that much power.

That lead to Jon Stewart becoming a GL again, Kilowog being 'revived' and Mogo having his Power restored. and that lead to GL: Rebirth in which Hal was Revived, and revealed that he was Possessed by the Parallax Enity(aka the Yellow Impurity), it then led into GLC:Rebirth where the corps was revived. That's the shortest version I can give without leaving the most important stuff out.

I have and read gl rebirth so I know the story of hwo that happened, but the stuff before

Wow that's even mroe complicated than I thought it would be

Eyup, an the long version of that will confuse the fuck out of you as Zero Hour was a Clusterfuck of an event that did more harm than good and that events' aftermath plays into at least the first 20 or so issues of Kyles stint as the Main GL. Also, the less said about what they did to most of Kyles' Supporting cast other than John, Guy, Jade, Alan Scott, and Hal as The Spectre{yeah, the Spectre was a supporting character for GL for a bit}, the better.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5