The Marvel/DC Co-Fan Club 717 members · 563 stories
Comments ( 41 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 41

Sauce

Marvel has announced six new cast members set to appear in their upcoming Netflix series "Daredevil." The thirteen-episode series will star Charlie Cox as Daredevil and Vincent D'Onofrio as his main antagonist, the Kingpin. Joining them are actors playing both original characters and ones pulled straight from the Marvel Comics source material.
Playing the characters familiar to longtime "Daredevil" readers are Rob Morgan ("Person of Interest," "Believeā€) and Matt Gerald ("Avatar," "Dexter"). Morgan will take on the role of Turk Barrett, described as a "smalltime criminal" in Hell's Kitchen, while Gerald will play a machinist named Melvin Potter that gets "caught between a rock and a hard place."

Turk Barrett first appeared as a member of a street gang way back in 1970's "Daredevil" #69. From there, Barrett found semi-regular employment with Wilson Fisk -- the Kingpin -- and even made failed attempts to become the new Stilt-Man and Mauler. Melvin Potter is perhaps better known by the codename Gladiator and has ties that stretch back even further; he debuted in 1966's "Daredevil" #18. He was initially a costume designer with a hatred for costumed superheroes.
The four original characters added to the series are Peter Shinkoda ("Falling Skies," "Hawaii 5-0") as Nobu -- described as a "Japanese businessman with an agenda all his own" -- and Wai Ching Ho ("Law and Order: Special Victims Unit," "Blue Bloods") as Madame Gao, a "powerful woman running her own trade." Lastly, Nikolai Nikolaeff ("Camp," "Sea Patrol") and Gideon Emery ("Grimm," "How to Train Your Dragon 2") will play Russian brothers named Vladimir and Anatoly hoping to "forge new names for themselves in America."
"Daredevil" stars Charlie Cox as Matt Murdock/Daredevil, Elden Henson as Foggy Nelson, Deborah Ann Woll as Karen Page, Rosario Dawson as Claire Temple, Bob Gunton as Leland Owlsley, Scott Glenn as Stick, Ayelet Zurer as Vanessa Marianna, Vondie Curtis-Hall as Ben Urich, Toby Leonard Moore as Wesley and Vincent D'Onofrio as the Kingpin. All 13 episodes of "Daredevil" debut on Netflix on April 10.

I am definetly hyped for this. Now I know where to escape to to get away from the douche-ness of Coulson on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (Comic Coulson superior) and I think its good to balance Daredevil out with classic villains and New Villains. I really hope it do sent flop like that "OTHER" movie.

4158706 I don't think the movie was that bad. Especially compared to such horrors as Percy Jackson, the Last Airbender, and Dragon Ball.

4158706 Oh, hey, Turk! I love the gritty, dark direction this show seems to be going for, but if Turk can add a pinch of humor to the proceedings I feel that can only be for the better.
I also have no idea how they plan on doing the Gladiator in this show. I mean, you certainly can't use the costume. Maybe they'll at least let him keep the buzz saws.

4158725 I think the guy on the right appeared in the Marvel one-shot All Hail the King.

4158725 I think if anything, they should at least let him keep the Gladiator helmet with the Buzz Saws. No one will take a guy seriously if he is showing his muscular legs around or wearing a skirt. (I know what it is, I am calling it a skirt still)

4158767 And the prison in was also the crime family that killed the Punisher's family.

4158781 I've never his costume so I can't say anything about it.

4158781 Wow, I wasn't even thinking of that costume. I was thinking of this one:

That's the one I got introduced to. Clean forgot about that half-naked one with the skirt. I'm actually not sure which one would look more ridiculous on screen.

4158796 Heh, probably for their own protection as much as anything else.

Avenging-Hobbits
Group Admin

Now I know where to escape to to get away from the douche-ness of Coulson on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (Comic Coulson superior) and I think its good to balance Daredevil out with classic villains and New Villains. I really hope it do sent flop like that "OTHER" movie.

Well at least someone else agrees that Agents of Shield is totally awful and should be destroyed.

And I suggest you take the time to watch the directors cut of Daredevil. It's a far superior movies, and one of the better pre-MCU Marvel movies out there. Elektra's pointless scenes are mostly trimmed down or gone entirely, and while it's still flawed no doubt, it's a far more faithful adaptation of the material then the studio mandated theatrical cut, which the director (and cast) have disowned.

Bonus points for Ben Affleck turning in a solid performance.

Again, this is the director's cut I'm talking about.

Huh. I didn't even know he had that costume. I just assumed he just had this one if only to keep his namesake.

I think anyone can agree that the Half-Naked one would look not only ridiculous, but un-needed.

4158812 I want to see this costume in live action it looks so cool.

4158830 Are they even the same character?

4158826 Hmmm... When you put it like that, I guess I should give it a 2nd chance. That and I never did give Michael Clarke Duncan's Kingpin enough credit in my youth. And I did enjoy Ferrell's performance as Bullseye despite the Irish making of the guy.

4158837 Oh yeah. Its the little trope when a Super-Villain/Super hero thing some people like to call: The poor fashion choices syndrome.

4158830 The yellow/blue one is actually his most common one. Just google 'Melvin Potter' and you'll see what I mean.
And I think the reason Miller had that one made was because he was striving for a more accurate costume.

4158832 This is what he looked like in the Ultimate comics:

4158852 Of which Wonder Man has had a critical case of. :pinkiecrazy:

4158852 I was asking because I don't know if he has the logo on his chest.

4158865 That looks cool too. By the way have you seen my new blog yet?

4158879 I saw it. Didn't really have an opinion on it.

4158947 Oh okay then just wondering.

4158956 Yeah, don't worry about it. If I have something to say about your blogs, I'll say it.

4158997 Okay then by the way do you remember when I said I was going to write a story about Spike in the place of Ben 10?

4159065 I'm thinking about writing it soon.

4159104 By the way the Power Bronies Hasbro Force story has been delayed to April.

4160473 Phantom doesn't get his laptop back until next month.

4160477 Ah. Broken or confiscated?

4160501 Taken by a parent.

4160504 So that's coming out next month along with the 5th season of MLP and the Daredevil Netflix series.

4160523 I still don't know who's the villain for season 5. And I don't want to know.

4160524 Well, I'm guessing it's not the Smooze. We've seen it in sneaks for Season 5, but it doesn't seem to be antagonistic.

4160532 I didn't know that I said I don't want to be spoiled.

4160536 My apologies. You said you didn't want to know who the villain was; I just told you who it wasn't. I tend to take things a little too literally; sorry. :twilightblush:

4160539 It's okay you didn't understand what I meant so it's not your fault it's my.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 41