The Destiny Clan 567 members · 75 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4

I posted this on HIE's forum and thought i'd post here too
LOL

So lets begin.

I've recently gotten the game but adore the "Lore" of the Destiny Universe.
I love how influential the human race begin and their noble climb back up. As well as the Exos' and Awoken who are just as fascinating.

I think their alot of similarities between Destiny and MLP. Such as the light=magic, Elements of Harmony=The Traveler. And i could list more if i want :)
Like a HIE fic i wanna see how the Guardians would react to ponies and vice verca. Plus we know both the Destiny universe and the MLP universe have portal making capabilities thus the chances of one of them being pulled into the other seems likely.

My thoughts on a story was basically the following (note this is very simplified)

The Setup
-Three Guardians are attempting to stop a new Vex portal
-Due to hijinks (ie plot convenience :twilightblush: ) The three Guardian's are sucking into Equestria
-The three Guardians represent the three classes and three ranks. For example a "Human Hunter" or an "Exo Warlock" etc. Im not sure about the exact match-up and would love your opinions.

carrying on----

-The Guardians are seperated across Equestria. But are able to stay in contact via Ghost
-However they cannot reach the Tower or Earth.

cut to ponies POW
-The ponies find these strange bipeds. Some respond in fear, others with open arms. Which ponies do which again i'd love to hear you opinions :ajsmug:

The Conflict
-Turns out the "Darkness" has been creeping into Equestria for a while (example=Nightmare Moon)
-Other of Humanities enemies have also been converging here. The Vex via portal, with the Fallen and Cobalt in hot pursuit. And the Hive by dark rituals.
-Their is an enemy alliance. Enemies of Humanity and Ponies join together to form a "super army" if you will.

So thats the bare bones of the story. It definitely needs more detail and im hoping you guys could give your two cents :)

It's not a bad idea at all. As long as you flesh it out a bit more and introduce some nice plot twists, I can't see how it'd go wrong.

However, you have to keep in mind: the Guardians have a connection to the Traveler and have to siphon off its Light in order to gain their respective abilities. But since they can't reach the Traveler or Earth, what could happen to these powers? My theory is that Guardians would experience a decrease in abilities' effectiveness and increases to cooldowns and such, as well as more effort to use simple abilities like Double Jump, Lift, Glide, and Blink. I also think that they won't have enough Light for their Ghosts to resurrect them once they die, effectively making Equestria similar to "Darkness Zones". Reviving downed Guardians manually would be a must.

It's always nice to see someone that doesn't correlate bad "story" with bad lore. The lore in this game is rich (it's just that it's not in-game). Personally, I think the Vault of Glass' lore is the best, and the new Raid doesn't hold a candle to it.

As for your story and the Darkness invading... It may be difficult to clearly depict all the enemy factions and skirmishes around Equestria all at once. If the story jumps perspectives between characters, try not to do it so often as to disorient the reader. Too many characters to keep up with may bog up our perceptions of the situation as a whole.

Welp, that's what I got, anyway. I don't presume to be correct with any of my theories, but speculating feels nice.

3960099 Thanks a ton for the input i'll definitely keep it in mind :raritywink:
The limitations on the Guardian's abalities sounds interesting. Im thinking a bit of cultural diffusion can occur. The ponies learn things from the Guardians and Guardian's learn new things from the ponies.

Like in one idea a ghost of one of the Guardians teaches Rarity how to literally weve light into her clothes. And perhaps Twilight improves one of the Guardian's teleport ability :twilightsmile:

Hmmm, Humans are crafty and extremely capable in the art of stealth and assassination (as depicted by history before the golden age such as with Delta Force, CIA, or MI6 humans have a history for it) A human should represent the hunters.

Exo's are mechanical and as advanced as they are, seem to be the more capable tanks due to how much they seem capable of enduring damage. (Their appearance says it all, armored robotic body and everything) An Exo as a Titan.

Awoken seem to be most affected by the light, their appearance alone (again) suggests it. They're deadly in a fight no denying it. Their connection to the traveler makes them ideal for a Warlock role.

There is my opinion.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4