FIM Fiction Interviews 61 members · 47 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
6ix
Group Admin
6ix #1 · Aug 4th, 2013 · · ·

Posey is a fan fiction writer for My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. Thus far, she has written two stories, which you can find on Fimfiction.

Dear Dashie, is a sad yet heartwarming tale of Rainbow Dash’s father. The story is a unique take on the relationship that Rainbow Dash has with her father, who is only seen onscreen very briefly in a flashback. It is written in the form of a letter, and is short yet powerful. The character of Dash’s father is a written as a believable, slightly flawed, yet ultimately loving stallion.

Her newest story, Mare of the Mountains, takes place many centuries ago in Equestria, before the three tribes of ponies were unified. It stars an original character mare, Mud Slide, as she attempts to enter into the stallion-dominated field of mining. However, tensions between the unicorn and earth pony races come to a boil, and she soon finds herself caught in the middle. The characters, though all original, are quite diverse in personality. Each is well written and realistic, containing a good mix of strengths and flaws, something hard to pull off for an OC. The story is quite engaging, and I will be eagerly anticipating the next chapter.
With that said, here is an interview with the author herself, Posey.

CartsBeforeHorses: So, how long have you been writing?

Posey Puff: Only since 8th grade. I was a slow learner and not very good with English. It's not my first language, you know.

CartsBeforeHorses: I would never have been able to tell!

Posey Puff: Hee hee. That's a really big compliment.

CartsBeforeHorses: You have quite a good grasp of English, better than a lot of native writers at least.
Posey Puff: Thank you.

CartsBeforeHorses: So how long have you been watching MLP? What got you into the show?

Posey Puff: I've been around since that 4chan wars. *puffs out chest* I saw the hullabaloo going on, and I decided to see the show for myself. By the time I saw The Ticket Master, I was hooked.

Carts: So you're old-school then.

Posey: I guess... Never call a lady "old" ;)

Carts: Hehehe. So, judging by your avatar, is Rarity your favorite pony?

Posey: Yes. She reminds me of my mother and my grandmother before her. Both of them were very generous, with their time, their love, and their money.

Carts: Do you have any stories about Rarity in the works?

Posey: Ha! I can't write canon characters, unless they're one-note charlatans like Trixie. I just don't have the talent.

Carts: You seem to be able to do original characters very well, though. Either OCs or, in the case of RD's father, characters who don't have any screen time.

Posey: That's because I can put part of myself into them. I'm very self-centered that way.

Carts: Well, nothing wrong with that! So, let's talk about your most popular fic, Dear Dashie. What was the inspiration behind this?

Posey: My parents split up at an early age, and my father explained it to me in a letter.

Carts: How much of the story was based on your own situation, and how much was your own creation?

Posey: Most of it was me, as my father, writing what I would want to hear from him. I'd want to know that he loved me, that it wasn't my fault, and that he would stick by me no matter what. Only a little bit of it was actually based on his letter, which was written to a five-year-old at the time...in Spanish. I hope that made sense in English.

Carts: Made perfect sense! Let's talk about your next story, Mare of the Mountains. What was the inspiration for this story?

Posey: That's a little harder to pin down. It's certainly based on my teenage years, when I was dead-set on one thing yet circumstances forced me down another path. I also brought elements of my family life into Mud Slide's (the main character's) life. But mostly, it was inspired by how I used to play with the G2 toys as a little girl.

Carts: So you used to have them be miners?

Posey: I used to have them be grand adventurers from humble beginnings. My father was a miner, so I stole that bit from my life.

Carts: It looks like you are building up towards some sort of racial conflict?

Posey: There's racial tensions, but the ultimate goal is that the races live together in peace. I have faced a lot of prejudice based on my race in real life, so I can dream that wee little ponies can find the magic of friendship and solidarity. They can figure it out in my story, in my dreams.

Carts: Very cool. Well, you have written a suspenseful beginning to that story!

Posey: Thank you. I try. :)

Carts: So, do you just write serious stuff, or do you ever write any lighthearted, comedy, random, slice of life, etc?

Posey: I really only write serious stuff nowadays. Early on, I wrote a Carrot Top x Angel Bunny shipfic that was really bad. Like, really bad.

Carts: Well, I've never seen that pairing done before, so I'll give you points for that lol

Posey: Hee hee. I try.

Carts: So do you have any other stories you are working on, or just Mare of the Mountains

Posey: Just Mare of the Mountains. Why? Do you have any requests? ;) Ha ha! Just joking.

Carts: Who is your favorite author on FimFiction?

Posey: Oh gosh. There's so many. But if I had to choose, it'd be AestheticB for writing The Immortal Game. It was the first fanfiction I've ever read, and it really got me into the fandom as a whole.

Carts: Are you participatory in any other fandom sites, or just FimFic?

Posey: I used to write for the Fallout fandom, but that's about it. I just love techni-colored ponies more, I guess. Oh! That'd not what you meant! My bad. Uh... I hope to get on EQD at some point. That'd be nice. Any other questions for me? Or am I free to go, officer?

Carts: Hmm, well one final question. Anything else you want to add that I didn't cover that you'd like people to know?

Posey: Not really. Just that I hope that people can learn from my mistakes and not screw up as much as I do. :) That's all I can really hope for as a writer.

Carts: Well, thanks for the interview!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1