Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4

First of all, congratulations to The Descendant for inspiring this group. I often find myself recommending your stories to fellow readers. Some of them were among the first fan fics I read. (I guess I was lucky, stumbling on to such quality so early on.)

Now, I couldn't help but notice that there is a folder here for stories that were inspired by TD's work. What are the rules for submitting stories there? I know that this group is quite new, and I don't want to go stepping on someone's toes this early on.

No one writes the complex Spike/Twilight relationship better than TD, but, damnit, I tried...

The Descendant
Group Contributor

The rules for submitting stories? Well, heh, I haven't asked El Presidente (Aslin) about that yet! She's the Founder and Admin, so it's her choice, but as far as I'm concerned, any story that can trace its inspiration back to one of my works, or is directly related to one of my works, belongs in that folder.

I take it you were thinking of adding Scheduling Conflict?:pinkiehappy:

I was thinking that folder was meant for stories that were, you know, based on stories that I wrote, but I'd like to get Aslin's opinion on whether "style pieces" would be okay, too (stories that try to emulate my style, such as you writing in my Spike and Twilight style).

My only real rule would be "No Mature/Graphic" works, and Scheduling Conflict doesn't come close.

So... let's ask her! Hey Aslin! You okay with adding "Style Pieces" too?

You hit the nail on the head there. While I wasn't trying to directly emulate your style, or fit in with your own personal fanon, Scheduling Conflict does owe a fair ammount of its inspiration to your works. I think I may have even reread Super Amazing Rocket Sled Of Awesome and Of the Fair and After after I came up with the premise, just so I'd have the tone of the finest Spike/Twilight writing fresh in my mind.

It's a complex and subtle relationship, that is near impossible to define. I hope I was able to capture some of that. It does owe that aspect to your works.

But, I fear that my Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy reference may have been too subtle...

nerdy_aslin
Group Admin

I agree that any fic should be allowed that either is a style fic or a fic inspired by, and actually, I should probably allow anypony to submit to that folder whatever they wish, and as long as it's appropriate and what not it can stay. I'm gonna go edit the folder restrictions and submissions and then feel free to submit stuff!1332492

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4