Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4
The Descendant
Group Contributor

They say that you should write what you know, and what you love.

They say that if you're popular enough, every story you write will go right to the FIMFiction Featured Bar.

I like trains.

I doubt most people here do.

My guess is that they like O.C. stories even less.

But, this is what I have written, and I hope that you can all enjoy it, too. Screw the Featured Bar, I wrote what I know and what I love, and I hope that comes through.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was still a young colt when I took my first steps into the world of steam engines and railroading. I was meant to sing the song of steel, the chorus of the railways. Despite the challenges, discomfort, and dangers, I wanted to be a railway pony.

I wanted a fine steam engine like #3803.

I wanted to be like Highball.

What I got? Well now, there's a story worth telling...

Click the image above for the story link.

Password: train

Before I discovered MLP:FIM, I was getting into the Steampunk fandom. My interest in Science Fiction was waning (not dying, but slipping), and I was a fanatic in search of a fandom. And so, here I am.

I still have an interest in steam. I have an oscillating cylinder model at home. A Wilesco D6. It's been far to long since I've run it...

Thanks for the story. There are tears on my cheeks. I can almost hear the whoof-chuff of the engine, and the clack-clack of the carriage boogies.

Any plans for more stories of the B&O Old Main?

The Descendant
Group Contributor

I'm glad that the steampunk appeal is there. I actually meet a few people when I'm vounteering on my scenic railroad, or even doing Civil War re-enacing, who are in to it.

I'm very, very glad for your support, Brumbly, as this is my first story in six months. I'm glad that you were here to see it.:twilightsmile:

As a railway fanatic, I'd like to show you one of Australia's historic stretches do rail line.

The Lithgow Zig Zag, in the Blue Mountains, just west of Sydney.

Wikipedia article about the Lithgow Zig Zag.

Zig Zag Railway. Unfortunately, safety concerns shut them down in 2013, and a major bush fire cost them some of their rolling stock. I do hope they are able to reopen. It is an absolutely amazing stretch of track, with some fascinating history behind it.

(I hope that image works for you.)

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4