Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1

Yo, what's up, Kemosabes?

This is your friendly film, TV show, and episode reporter here with another review.

Today, I'm gonna give you guys my take of "Avatar: The Last Airbender".

Normally, I would often give a summary of a series or film before getting down to what I think of the subject at hand. However, today I decided to do a little something different. This video will explain what the series is about much better than I could:

This program was a little something that I decided to review because many of my family members are big fans of it. They've often told me how awesome they thought it was and have recommended it to me as something to check out.

After seeing the series for myself via Netflix, I've got two words that perfectly describe what I think of it:

TOTAL AWESOMENESS!!!

I can definitely see why my family members love it and why it's regarded as one of the best animated programs ever, that's for sure.

For instance, the animation of this series was astonishing!

It had an incredible comic book visualization that was not only on a cinematic kind of level, but carried a sense of homage to the continent of Asia that was extremely pure. The computer-generated elements mixed nicely with the hand-drawn animated elements too. The moments where element benders would use their powers were also what I'd like to call an example of animators pushing the envelope, and they were obviously very committed and passionate towards the series.

The overall writing and direction of "Avatar: The Last Airbender" was compelling as well.

Series creators Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko were definite visionaries in every way, and not just because they created an instantly unique and original show either. Things do get pretty dramatic, dark, and full of tension, but the show team incorporated a great sense of humor and lightheartedness to balance the tone. Its addressing of themes like war, social status, choice, and destiny also makes the series one of the most complex that I've ever watched; perhaps even one of the most mature, really.

The music that was created by Jeremy Zuckerman and Benjamin Wynn was marvelous as well.

Along with giving their material a sense of undeniable passion, the melodies the two composers made were strong enough to give other Asian-based films and shows a run for their money. Plus, Zuckerman and Wynn's music perfectly matched the feelings and personalities of the characters, as well as the tone of the series.

Finally, the voice acting, casting, characters, and character development were astonishing!

Every cast member onboard fit their parts like a glove, giving their characters life, depth, emotion, and personality that helped them be instantly three-dimensional and human. The characters had also developed in ways that I could hardly expect, which made them all-the-more compelling. As an honorable mention, I'd like to say that Mako Iwamatsu did a wonderful job voicing General Iroh for seasons one and two, and Greg Baldwin did a marvelous job filling in for the late Iwamatsu for season three.

Now if there's one thing I'd like to be honest about, it's that there was one episode of the series that wasn't to my liking:

"The Ember Island Players (Season 3, Episode 17)"

It was mainly because I felt annoyed by the performances of the stage actors portraying the characters. Plus, the way their play was executed and done was rather cheesy, and the jokes revolving around the actors were annoyingly flat and unfunny.

In conclusion, though, "Avatar: The Last Airbender" is one of the most astonishing animated programs I've ever watched. Everything about it is an instant masterpiece, and I'm proud to have watched it and analyzed it.

So, I rate "Avatar: The Last Airbender" a solid five out of five stars.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1