Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4

One of the common criticisms leveled against The Legend Of Korra is that Korra is a Mary Sue. Do you think that this holds any weight? I don't think it does, because Korra had her share of flaws just like Aang did.

Xinrick
Group Admin

I think people would say she's a Mary Sue cause she was literally born great at three of the four elements, and when she finally took a deep breath and calmed the fuck down she was actually a prodigy when it came to Air Bending...but after not sure what people would think about it

Even that doesn't make a lot of sense since....she's the avatar....her entire deal is being naturally gifted at all 4 elements. I mean Asng mastered the elements in a few weeks with having trouble with Earth.

She also struggles with things, sure she evtually wins but....so did Aang....she's also not dealing with as big a threat as Aang so hers are a lot simpler to solve.

I've not seen the last season but the others she isn't a Mary Sue, just deals with lesser threats.

I would say no, because although she was shown as naturally gifted with three out of the four elements in the beginning as Xindrick suggested, she was shown not only to struggle with Airbending, but she was flat out not able to do it until Amon severed her connection with the other elements via Bloodbending.

On top of that, she didn't always have the right answers, started doubting herself, and outright failed in a few things. That alone tells me that she isn't IMHO.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4