Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8

I've probably made a post like this before, but I can't get it out of my mind.

So this morning, my fiancee texted me and asked if I heard of a Legend of Korra sequel involving twin Earthbenders. I told her no, and double checked to see if there had been any such announcements (there haven't as far as I can tell), but as I wandered about today I couldn't get the idea out of my head.

My thought process was this: Vaatu got defeated in Season 2 and might be trapped inside Raava and Korra. But he's a pretty crafty worm-chaos spirit, so what if when Korra died, he tried to make a break for it and started a Dark Avatar cycle (also going along with Yin and Yang here; if Raava and the Avatar Cycle represents good and order, then maybe the Dark Avatar Cycle balances it with evil and chaos, because pure order is just as bad as pure chaos).

Am I overthinking this? Am I crazy? Or would it be workable?

I don't know... I tend to treat Raava and the Avatar as the keepers of balance/harmony rather than order, so there might be some overthinking on your part.

Though having Vaatu return would be interesting.

5202829 I think the Order bit spawned from a DCU crossover I started writing, where this was the case (the Avatar would be the balance between them).

5202728 I'd make it so the dark avatar was just the bad one, rather than the evil one. Basically, Vaatu would get ballenced out by his mortal side.

5202728 While not exactly what you were talking about, the idea is semi touched on in the current Legend of Diamond Tiara story. Just thought I would toss this up here for you since you made the comment.

5203442 That's kind of what I was thinking

Comment posted by iowaforever deleted Apr 29th, 2016

5203549 If you want to take a look, I can send you over my notes once I get stable Internet again

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8