Comments ( 13 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 13
Silent Sir 224
Group Admin

Since the three of us are starting fresh with Timbershy... we need a new thread to get the ball rolling. Unfortunately, I will not be involved for the next two days (most likely) so I will be a little late to this party. Now let's make some ideas and stuff!

CometTail
Group Admin

So we know how we want Timbershy to be. We need to plan ahead of time. No scientists. Sorry, I just hated the idea. Thoughts?

Silent Sir 224
Group Admin

1652386 Hmm... maybe a freak accident?

CometTail
Group Admin

Timbershy gets captured by tribe ponies, escapes, then finds Derpy?

Silent Sir 224
Group Admin

1652438 Maybe the tribe pulls some voodoo magic and then she runs away and Derpy just happens to be in the forest?

CometTail
Group Admin

Interesting... Derpy actually helps Timbershy escape?

Silent Sir 224
Group Admin

1652521 I'm thinking that she gets away and Derpy is just conveniently there.

Silent Sir 224
Group Admin

1652521 We still discussing?

superpony55
Group Admin

How about Twilight? We need to do something with her.

OfTheIronwilled
Group Admin

Well I don't know. This isn't us continuing Impress Me's collab, this is us just making our own story out of our original plans. If you want to do that with Twilight then it's fine and we'll help you, but it would be more between you and your original Twilight group then with us.

OfTheIronwilled
Group Admin

I was thinking that at the moment, Timbershy really isn't like Fluttershy at all. There's a reason for this, of course, but we have to flesh this out more in order for Timbershy to have any connection with the original and to have more emotional impact. I was thinking that the color scheme of this new pony Fluttershy should be relatively the same, just with darker or dirtier colors, with distinct differences with the eyes and the cutie mark.

Also, as Timbershy finds the others, she should revert more and more to the Fluttershy we know and love. This will be slow-going, but it will make for some great character development. You see, at first this Timbershy will be bitter and distant, but as she becomes friends with Twilight and the others, she'll find that she doesn't want to lose the friends she originally didn't want in the first place. Imagine it, someone lonely and harsh wouldn't be very pleasant -- she would snap quickly against an extremely short fuse, would scream out in extremely loud outbursts and would be just plain hurtful. But as the people continue to be nice to her or help her, or maybe fight back and leave her absolutely alone once again, she'll start to change. Quieter, afraid to speak out as to offend someone, constantly trying to please the others even though it's not needed, just so she won't revert to being that lonely little puppy of an identity that she's begun to hate herself for. Fluttershy herself, just not as terrified of everything, and not quite as loving as the original.

Of course we've now got to decide how that would work and how we'd handle this. I was thinking that as soon as Timbershy's "Fluttershy" state is the strongest, she would then revert back to the wolf form. This would once again drive a wedge and create a conflict between the characters, and would truly speak wonders about how magical friendship really is -- fighting through a thick language barrier and species difference, just in order to be close to someone.

Thoughts? Ideas as to how we could pull these sort of things off?

Silent Sir 224
Group Admin

1693527 I can see this working

superpony55
Group Admin

I'd be happy to help with Timbershy.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 13