Good Grammar Directory 633 members · 1,980 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4
joe mother
Group Admin

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Mv3hrVBoiiNqo8yLW_lpBm2FBpYMt6YjHiGi7FK2YHU/edit

This is the link to people who are interested in joining The Reading Team. If you wish to join, just read the instructions in the doc.

This team is going to ensure that every story that passes onto this group has consistently good grammar and syntax, and is worthy of remaining within the group. Anyone who is a reader but not a Contributor or Admin can PM NinjaKraken, Cartsbeforehorses, or me to report a story that has been approved into the group but fails to hold correct grammar throughout the remainder of the story.

On a question note:

Should there be a limit to the amount of grammatical errors after the first 500 words? Say, if the story has more than three in the next 500, it is not qualified, or if it has three in the 500 after that, and so on.

You could simply define a qualifying story as "a story that has no more than 3 errors in any span of 500 words or less." So you could have 9 errors in a 1500 word story as long as they weren't all concentrated in one area, which is one of the major causes of headaches in reading. It's high concentrations of grammatical errors, not the total absence of them, that makes it hard to read a story.

I also think that if a single rule is consistently violated, that story should be disqualified until the author learns that rule, even if it doesn't generate enough errors to disqualify it normally.

1208208 Oh boy!
I am officially a part of it!

joe mother
Group Admin

I like that. PM Cartsbeforehorses about it.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4