Nostalgic Movies 25 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8
Bill Clinton
Group Admin

What is your favorite Nostalgic movie? For me it has to be A Bronx Tale.

Anything directed by Howard Hawks, particularly Twentieth Century, starring John Barrymore as Oscar Jaffe, a thinly veiled parody of Broadway producer Jed Harris.

Incidentally, Jed Harris is renowned as one of the most phenomenally successful producers of all time, he produced hit after hit after hit and he helped launch a thousand careers... and the legendary playwright George S. Kaufman once said, "When I die, I want to be cremated and have my ashes thrown in Jed Harris's face." Sir Laurence Olivier himself called Harris "The most loathsome man I've ever met," and then, when he played King Richard III, he based his characterization on Jed Harris's mannerisms, because he wanted to make Richard III completely hateful, and Jed Harris was the one man he truly hated.

Watch the movie Twentieth Century and you'll see why.

1686517 Disney's The Lion King. Heck most of the Disney movies from 1989 to 2000.

1686517 Tim Burton's Batman 89, Batman Returns, Edward Scissorhands, Disney's Fantasia, and David Lynch's Eraserhead

Bill Clinton
Group Admin

2663430 Ah yes, Eraserhead. Good film.

2682479 Eraserhead is a cinematic masterpiece and please check out my first story Fluttershy Batwings :pinkiehappy:

The Princess Bride, Hook, The Sound of Music, and the list goes on.
There was this one Barrymore Brothers film I watched last year on TCM, I can't remember what it was.
Some Like It Hot, Walk, Don't Run, An American Tale, I loved those movies as a kid. Oh! And Tom Hanks in Big.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8