Weston College (Archived) 51 members · 2 stories
Comments ( 252 )
  • Viewing 51 - 100 of 252
SweetAI Belle
Group Contributor

Bother. Her first thought was to go through one of the doors. but they wouldn't have been linked to the shrunk manor, and she was full-size. And it would have been cut off by the trap anyways. She opened it anyways, just to be sure.

Silver Cross pulled her notebook out and started flipping to her notes on Deeryad runes and sighed.

I'm assuming you don't want me to just brute-force the thing open?

--Silver Cross

Ukaih
Group Contributor

2344747 You could but it would be difficult. Come on Cross I know you can do it! Morg yelled these woeds of encouragement.

SweetAI Belle
Group Contributor

Actually, wait, one letter had an extra stroke on it that shouldn't be there. She started picking it apart from that point, and soon had her powers functional. The wards were still up, but she could do anything from here.

She might as well be dramatic about it. She scattered the wards in a cloud of smoke. When it had cleared, she'd turned her lower half to smoke, was huge, and had Morg resting on one hoof.

"I think this is about the point that an amateur would discover they were in a lotta trouble."

She smiled, set him back down on the cushion, went back to normal size, shrunk the doors again, and set them floating. Then she turned into smoke and moved to a clear spot.

Next was the verbal exam, right?

--Silver Cross

Ukaih
Group Contributor

2345094 Haha very good Cross. But next time use your environment as well. Djinn not only are powerful but experts at simple trickery. Also it is a written test. Morg floated over a small test. For only two pages it had two long questions. Both about complex healing procedures and such. Morg seeing the challenge being to easy. Used his magic to bring the wind up breaking through the sheilds then causeing the genie traps to vanish. They were replaced by imprisonment bottles. Any person ice of Silver Cross floating away would be captured then put in a guarded ritual circle. He also created a jinx that caysed Cross's notebook to go blank. Try to figure this out with out any notes. I have faith in you Cross Back at Cadet he had finally reanimated the corpse. Morg caused the corpse to reject Cadet's bonding charm. The forpse then tried to attack Cadet.

SweetAI Belle
Group Contributor

Silver Cross mentally sighed and strengthened the shield before any of her could escape. She could start the test, but she decided to make it easier on herself first. She first floated up a chocolate bar, turned it into powder, and swirled it into her smoke, which she'd discovered was actually how she ate when in this form.

Then she turned the doors fullsize again, floating in a circle, and put herself in the center. They blocked off most of the wind. And it was a circle. A sudden idea came to her, and she floated out a piece of chalk. Scribbling a bunch of runes on the floor, in a few minutes, the doors were levitating by themselves, and all the wind was blocked off. She was, in fact, now in defensive wards, much like in the trap, but ones of her own making, that served her, and went away when she wanted them to.

She was tempted to try to break the jinx, but he had asked her not to use notes.

Of course, one of the complex procedures was, in fact, her normal healing process, so she was able to jot that one down pretty easily. She was pretty sure the other on was what Captain Nautilus had used on her, too, and she'd read about that one. She was pretty sure she had this, but she kept an eye on what was going on around her outside and inside the circle anyways.

--Silver Cross

Ukaih
Group Contributor

2345257 Morg nodded with pride. Cross may just be his greatest student in so long. Of course Cadet had potential as a dragon necromancer. He could be quite an force to be reckoned with. But he couldn't let Cross just have it easy. He then had the doors open to reveal the portal she had created. The portals ripped at her smoke self.

SweetAI Belle
Group Contributor

Drat. She didn't really want to be in the manor right now. Silver hastily changed the destination on the purple door to be the circle she was in, then spelled it closed. Fortunately, all the others were just duplicating the spells on that one, which was one reason she'd set it up that way. Well, that and she'd only been levitating that one door most of this time, since the others duplicated the levitation.

She checked over her answers, and was pretty sure they were right.

Alright, done.

--Silver Cross

Ukaih
Group Contributor

2345345 Ah yes indeed. Now it's Cadets turn to use the doors to create a golem.

SweetAI Belle
Group Contributor

Okay. If you stop the wind and clear the traps, I'll solidify, cancel all the spells on the doors, and give them to him. I'd assume Cadet's waiting for the doors. Or do I need to get rid of the bottles?

--Silver Cross

Ukaih
Group Contributor

2349770 Don't clear the spells but enlarge them please. As for the bottles do so.

SweetAI Belle
Group Contributor

She'd been afraid he'd say that. Well, best get started.

Looking through the gaps between doors, she levitated all the bottles into one area. Then she erased her runes and took control of the doors again. This time, she made sure they were normal-sized, and dropped them all in a stack right on top of the bottles, adding a little extra force to make sure the bottles all broke.

Afterwards, she moved them away from the broken glass, and to where Cadet was working. She didn't see any traps around to worry about for the moment.

You realise the similarity spells are gonna mess with his attempts to cast other spells on it unless Cadet dispels them, right?

--Silver Cross

Ukaih
Group Contributor

2351069 Indeed. But whats life with out challenges? Morg then created a cuwhion for Cross to sit on.

SweetAI Belle
Group Contributor

Hopefully it doesn't give him too many problems. Thanks.

Noting that he hadn't actually specified the exam as over, Silver Cross transfigured the pillow into a similar looking one, and looked under it before sitting down, just in case it had a trap in it, even going as far as to look up at the ceiling first.

Then she pulled out a few chocolate bars and started eating one.

How was my 'all-powerful genie you have just failed to trap' act, anyway?

--Silver Cross

Ukaih
Group Contributor

2352118 Was okay. Next time don't be cautious to use the elements to your advantage. Cadet started to create the golem. He noted the spells on the door and frowned as he had to take them off.

SweetAI Belle
Group Contributor

"I'll try. I've been kinda practicing looking like a big scary genie, 'cause then ponies'll think I'm real powerful and let me get away. An' Cielia has this whole thing 'bout not showing weakness..."

"Besides, the whole half smoke things fun, an' from what I've watched and read, it seems to be a normal genie thing. All powerful genie, little bitty filly."

--Silver Cross

Ukaih
Group Contributor

2373121 If your anything like your grandfather your bound to be become a force to be reckoned with. Cadet finished undoing the spells and started the binding process.

SweetAI Belle
Group Contributor

"Well, never met my grandfather, so I wouldn't know."

She turned to him, thinking about what he had said.

"Um, did you meet my grandfather?"

--Silver Cross

Ukaih
Group Contributor

2373249 Not muzzle to muzzle. I know of his power through legends and stories. Nautilus has I'm surprised he hadn't told you. But from what I've gathered his er your lineage is quite impressive. Not to mention he is a Time Djinn. His appearance varies. His most common form is light grey fur a red mane and yellow eyes. Your uncle is said to be very much like his brother but striking blue eyes and a cyan mane. Not much is ever said about their wives.

SweetAI Belle
Group Contributor

"Well, Naughty told me about my parents, but not really my other relatives. I know mommy was supposed to be a princess, but all the times I really remember, I thought we were normal earth ponies. Not that I really remember much before him."

--Silver Cross

SweetAI Belle
Group Contributor

2373308 -> 2373350

"Still don't know what type of djinn I am, either. None of the books were much help."

Ukaih
Group Contributor

2385279 It's probable to believe only a more experienced djinn could figure that out. Cadet soon finished his golem.

SweetAI Belle
Group Contributor

"Yeah. If not knowing what type of djinn I am was my worst issue, I'd be in good shape, anyways. I should prob'ly concentrate more on some of my other problems..."

--Silver Cross

Ukaih
Group Contributor

2388153 That would be wise. Your magic is better then most. You have a good family now. I say go bond with your father or mother. Maybe some of your siblings and cousins. Your Uncle is busy navigating us to Wonder Land. The golem Cadet had made was an interesting creature. It had the skeleton of a pony but his body was made of the doors.

SweetAI Belle
Group Contributor

"I dunno. Bonding with them's tough. Cielia doesn't even like me.She says she's trying to change that, but she's all obsessed with that dumb 'don't show weaknesses' thing. I could go play with my dollhouse with Wave, I guess."

She paused for a moment.

"With my magic, I could play dolls whenever I want, actually. I wonder who else on the ship wouldn't mind me playing with them?"

--Silver Cross

Ukaih
Group Contributor

2390777 Indeed you could. I'm sure you could find a few. Morg mentally reminded himself to not ever say yes.

SweetAI Belle
Group Contributor

"There's still plenty of magic I should read up on, too. Wonder if there's a spell that'd prevent me from dreaming when I go to sleep?"

--Silver Cross
((
Given that you actually need REM sleep, not a good idea for extended periods of time.

Assuming that Silver Cross gets a new dollhouse in Weston College, one of the forms of detention could be spending an evening as one of her dolls. ^_^
))

Ukaih
Group Contributor

2391849(Yes it could. Also whats REM?)
Morg nodded Theres alot of spells that will do so.

SweetAI Belle
Group Contributor

"Maybe I should learn a few of those."

--Silver Cross
((Rapid Eye Movement. It's the type of sleep you have when you're dreaming. If people are allowed to sleep, but not get that type of sleep, it's not good for them, and I think they start not thinking well 'til they can get some proper sleep after a while.))

Ukaih
Group Contributor

2392223 True but you need dreams once and awhile. It would be best to use a dream catcher.

SweetAI Belle
Group Contributor

Silver Cross frowned at the mention of needing dreams occasionally. She certainly didn't need any of the type she usually had!

"Maybe I should try making one of those, then. In fact, I don't own much, anyway. Maybe I should spend some time making a buncha stuff. I know enough spells to do it now. That spell for making things bigger on the inside, and that stasis thingy, for example."

--Silver Cross

Ukaih
Group Contributor

2392395 That would be wise. On the Nautilus we have many people you could learn things from. Morg chuckled as the Golem tried to attack Cadet.

SweetAI Belle
Group Contributor

"Yeah. I've already had a few lessons from Ukyo in the last few weeks about fighting, when I wasn't busy with magic."

She looked in Cadet's direction.

"I'd help him with that, but it is his test. Lemme just try making something now, while we're waiting."

Silver Cross took out her notebook, tore a few sheets of paper out. She made the lines vanish, and one, drew three compartments. she tapped it, and it turned into a piece of wood with three glass doors on it.

Doing similar things to the other pieces, resizing them, and joining them together, pretty soon she had a box with three compartments you could see into through an unbreakable glass door. There were small holes in the wood on the sides.

Next she cast a few spells on the compartments. Eventually, the two compartments on either side slid in, leaving a box with one compartment.

Sweating a little, she ate another chocolate bar.

"Wish I had somepony, or at least a few bunnies or kitties or something to test this with..."

--Silver Cross

Ukaih
Group Contributor

2392761 An interesting device. Per say what be it's purpose?

SweetAI Belle
Group Contributor

"It's a case for carrying dolls in. You put a doll in one spot, a stasis spell goes on in it, and another empty compartment appears. And I think it'll keep doing that, no matter how many spots are filled. All but one vanish if nothing's in them. I don't have any dolls around to try it out with, though. Wonder what Wave's up to?"

--Silver Cross

Ukaih
Group Contributor

2392993 Try Cadet. For your lesson of the day is up. Morg's hoofs clapped together and the room changed to his trone. Cadets golem had turned into a pocket watch.

SweetAI Belle
Group Contributor

"Um, okay. But is there any way I could try it on a bunny or something first? I'd like to be pretty sure it works right first. If the stasis spell doesn't work right, he might not have any air. And, um, I remember Cadet being really excited about presents?"

--Silver Cross

Ukaih
Group Contributor

2393439 Why not this? Morg reconfigured the pocket watch into a small exotic bird.

SweetAI Belle
Group Contributor

"Thanks."

She took the bird and made a pass over it. The bird immediately went to sleep. Then she opened the box, put the bird in, and closed it. Another empty chamber appeared, and you could see the sleeping bird through the glass.

She then took the bird back out, and gave it back. The bird woke up as she did so.

"Well, I think it's working right."

--Silver Cross

Ukaih
Group Contributor

2393628 Wonderful! Morg smiled as he pulled out a golden lamp.

SweetAI Belle
Group Contributor

"It means I could do things like take a buncha other ponies on a long trip in my saddlebag, and have the trip just be a moment for them, so it could be useful."

Not to mention, if she ran into any other ponies that tried to do bad things to her, she could just shrink them down and leave them in there.

"Um, a lamp?"

She edged away a little from the opening.

--Silver Cross

Ukaih
Group Contributor

2394057 That would be quite useful. As for this lamp it is for you. My present is an endless world of creation.

SweetAI Belle
Group Contributor

"An endless world of creation? I'm not gonna hafta grant wishes if I go in there, right?"

--Silver Cross

Ukaih
Group Contributor

2394184 No the lamps that imprison Djinn look different. You'll know in your gut when it's wrong. Morg set the lamp down and smiled.

SweetAI Belle
Group Contributor

"And you said it was an endless world of creation? How does that work?"

--Silver Cross

Ukaih
Group Contributor

2394879 "It is the same was your spatial spell with some other complex spells. A good amount of them being my own personal powers.

SweetAI Belle
Group Contributor

"Okay. How do I get in? And can I bring others with me?"

--Silver Cross

Ukaih
Group Contributor

2395062 Turn to smoke and turn the other into smoke.

SweetAI Belle
Group Contributor

I don't think this is a problem, Naughty, but I'm about to go into a gold lamp in Morg's room, so if I am missing later, that's where I am.

"Well, in that case, why don't you come with me, and show me around?"

Silver Cross turned Cadet and Morg into smoke, and pulled them along with her into the lamp.

--Silver Cross

• Viewing 51 - 100 of 252