Weston College (Archived) 51 members · 2 stories
Comments ( 109 )
  • Viewing 51 - 100 of 109
Ukaih
Group Contributor

1420090>>1420289 Yeah. I didn't go all English teacher on my description. Which I should since I've pondered becoming one. But anywho you did a fantastic job. Here's the next dorm.
Scarlet Fox

The first impression one would have of this dorm? Expensive most ponies would mutter jealously. The Dorm is located In the middle of the lake. It has a refined smooth quartz bridge going to the mainland. The outside of the dorm is the largest of the dorms. It is a deep sunset red.

If one was to view it you would notice the outer walls were shaped like an octagon. Then rising from the eight walls is a shiny pyramid. Before the pyramid can make a point a pale red tower comes out of it aways then ends in another turret of gold. After your taken aback by the sheer size and beauty of the building. Then you would continue walking on the bridge. Besides the quartz. There were rubies on the guard rail.

Once you made it to the two large smooth red door made of stone. You might notice that the walls are smooth and are to slick and steep to climb. On the front door is tiled mural of two bright red foxes. Their paws both touched the door. Between there heads was a huge rubie the size of Tom the rock. You would also notice that the doors didn't have door knobs or a knocker. Actually the only way you noticed it was a door was by the Foxes. Then by magic the doors opened. Revealing a curved tunnel.

As one would go in the tunnel. You would notice that it's illuminated by the floor. The walls are that smooth deep red material. It would eventually open to a large expansive labyrinth made out of mirrors. The floor is a soft texture. The roof reflects light and appears to be curved. The labyrinth seems to expand quite far. It also is noted that the mirrors looked like reflective liquid. Eventually one would realise that the mirrors are actually portals. Each mirror leading to the same place.

This place is the secondary entrance way. This had two curved staircases made out of solid gold. They each led to the same landing. On this landing was two doors. The left one was to the Stallions turrets. The right one to the mares turrets.(Four turrets for both) Both halls. We're identical. Just a white hall with mirrors to quickly teleport you to a turret. Now each student of Scarlet Fox had there own suite. It had a small living room with a tv. A adjacent kitchen. Then a master bedroom with a personal bathroom. The living room had one wall devoted to a large window. This window looked upon the college and surrounding scenery.

Now per say you looked to the right of the stairs you would see a gold door. This door led to the second floor of the octagon. It had several things on the floor. Most noticeable was a built in spa. A large indoor pool with hot tubs. A small indoor zoo. And a ballroom. In several places were stairs to the next and final floor of the octagon. This floor was for the 24/7 guards. It had training rooms, gyms. Barracks. Most things a miniature army would need.

Now back to the secondary entrance. Between the stairs was a huge ornate door. With a small keyhole in the middle of the door. This was the door to the prefects own personal turret. This suite had three levels to it. The top level was the bedroom. The second level was a living room, five star kitchen, and study. The first level was a small personal library. The books were donated from prefects from before. The tower itself had several rooms inside of it. These were for guests to the college. For they were just as big as the prefects room. There were five available suites.

Now we are once again back to the secondary entrance. On the left of the stairs is another door this one is made out of Silver. It leads to the pyramid. One would notice that the inside walls are of glass. So one could look out but not in. These are separated by four distinctive levels. The first one is just a place to sit and talk to fellow dorm members. The second one is a workout place. The third is a library. Then the final and smallest one is a boutique.

This one is huge and expensive. Why you ask? Because of large donations from wealthy parents, past students, and even the students of the present dorm.

I tried a more proactive approach to writing it. But I bet you'll still rewrite it. Have fun posting it on the annex.

Ukaih
Group Contributor

1420345 Every dorm will just be spectacular. True my Scarlet Fox was over the top. I just couldn't connect with what royalty would want. So I added a bunch of stuff. I'll revise it. Such as no mirror labyrinth. And all the extras. I still think a couple of serious guards should be in place. Because these are the daughters and sons of royalty. They will either bring guards or have some in place at the college. I'll also add tennis courts for F3D4. Who by the way should use my name not HIM. Any other suggestions?

Well, I was actually going to do a more detailed reply here, I just wanted to wait till I got home, so I could easily copy and paste links. This description was actually a good deal better as far as the writing goes, incidentally. It's just that the descriptions don't fit my mental pictures as well.

First, I hadn't realized it, but my head canon for how the dorms roughly appear was already there, and the middle of the water doesn't really fit. I'd like them to at least be somewhat similar to this:

((Sorry, no Green Lion))

I realize the description for Sapphire Owl isn't quite like that, but it was close enough, and I just generally like the idea that the buildings themselves started out fairly similar, then diverged as the divisions between houses were established.

And, yes, I'd like the students to be able to be lazy as idle rich is going to be a big theme. Unless things go really wrong, we won't be in the middle of a war, and this is an isolated pocket dimension of sorts, so we don't really need that much security.

My thoughts would be that there is a staff of several grey-maned butlers with silver mustaches that serve as security as well as service for the dorm. The suites all have pull cords to summon them at a moments notice, and there are a few extra rooms for any students that feel the need for their own servants and security. Think of this more in terms of an anime comedy. ^_^

Oh, and per C/S, the dorms each have a mascot/pet:

Wilde is the dorm pet for Violet Wolf, Goethe is the pet for Green Lion, and Wordsworth will be the pet for Scarlet Fox.

((Keats is the mascot for Sapphire Owl, and is an owl.))

Keep the spa, but we probably don't need the zoo, ballroom, or anything for a miniature army. They can practice at the dojo and gym if they need to, and the zoo can be in the gardens. A few rooms that are very secure for private conversations might be good, and some sort of poker/gaming room, most likely with a pool table, baccarat and such.

Fittings should be lavish, though, while not too over the top. People sipping wine and champagne, chandeliers, so on. Though one thing to keep in mind is that one of the way rich people got rich is not spending their money when they don't have to. They can be surprisingly stingy.

Also, think secrets, peepholes, secret passages, and blackmail, while I'm thinking about it, as far as atmosphere.

Sorry if I've got a lot of feedback on this one. The first one was already a lot closer to what I had in mind...

And I guess I'm the vice-principal after the reboot. That should be interesting.

--Silvy

Ukaih
Group Contributor

1426227 Are you sure about the ballroom? I'll agree on everything else. But the ball room makes sense. A place for the royals to dance. It makes more sense than a Zoo. I still like the idea of suites and having turrets. I mean they are rich. So they'll want fantastic stuff. Poker room. Yes I can see that now. I think blackmail will also be big.
I mean Ukaih might just slip that Scribble and Reds dates aren't real. But then F3D4 would be all pissed. I actually can't wait to do Violet Wolf. Think of Cheetah Stripes except darker. Green Lion will also be fun. On a side note. In my head canons plus to make it easier. In Sapphire Owl The stallions room numbers are odd. While the mares is even.
You'll do good as the vice principle. Also Rich people don't necessarily like people who don't have as much money as them. So the extra rooms. Doesn't sound like a good idea. Also to remember most students in this dorm will be Diamond Tiara types.

The ballroom wasn't so much a no overall, as a 'not in a dorm'. I think it should be elsewhere in the college, accessible to all dorms. Probably near the Auditorium.

Suites and turrets, I'm alright with. As far as letting the dates slip, starting a feud with a Princess when you could have a nice working relationship instead is not a good idea;

And yes, Violet Wolf should be Cheetah Stripes-ish. I'm almost surprised you didn't bring Mystic Stripes in as a staff member.But think arts, musics, and eccentrics for Violet Wolf. Whereas Green Lion will be all the real sportmen and fighter types.

Thanks. Also, keep in mind that most of these kids are used to mansions with live-in butlers, so having a few rooms set aside for staff they are bringing along makes sense. They'd be well away from the students rooms, and not nearly as lavish, of course.

--Silvy

Ukaih
Group Contributor

1426519 Actually Mystic Stripes as an art teacher would be interesting. It's just she and Ukaih have a history...
I know it's a bad idea. That's why I'm not doing it. Yet News Flash could. But then that would be yet another character to run.
The biggest problem I see. Is that Scarlet Fox was an unpopular dorm. Why play a rich kid? When you could be a brainy kid every one likes. Same with Violet Wolf and Green Lion. For the character sheets. We need to really enforce the differences. Because a large majority of the sapphire owl students could have worked in Violet Wolf. Also the only two characters that works in Scarlet Fox were my two characters. So I don't want it to turn into a roleplay with my self or just one other person.(Like the academy)

F4D3
Group Admin

Not actually, with the new character sheets everything's pretty well enforced. Sapphire Owl was popular because everyone was in there, while the other dorms got left out. And there were actually plenty of characters that would be a perfect fit for Scarlet Fox, it's just they never got into that dorm for the sole purpose of the original application.

Ukaih
Group Contributor

1427611 Good. The old application was heavily based upon your preference. When you were asked what dorm who wished to be in.

It might not be a bad idea to re-sort people that act radically different then their application stated. And, yes, desirability of a dorm is a concern. I'd change the themes if it wasn't already established by the manga they are from.

1427611>>1427679
Preference, at least, is out.This is the dorm section of it at the moment.

I consider myself athletic, and highly enjoy fighting, sports, or martial arts.
I often like to draw, write, sing, or play music.
I am well-read, and many consider me highly intelligent.
I come from a very distinguished family tree.

The best way to face a problem is head-on.
Many people consider me somewhat eccentric.
Knowledge is the key to all things.
There are few things that a few well placed bits can't take care of.

Sort the following in order from most important to least important:
Courage, Creativity, Intelligence, Nobility.

--Silvy

F4D3
Group Admin

It's still a bit straight forward if you ask me, it's fairly obvious what each question represents, but I do think it'll work for now.

I agree it's straightforward, but I also don't want it to be too difficult for the people sorting. And the dorms don't really have that many qualities for us to work with. At least Scarlet Fox doesn't, and we can't change the qualities too much.

--Silvy

Ukaih
Group Contributor

1427752>>1427785 Shouldn't it be a tad bit straight forward. How would you not make it straightforward? Also why do we stick to this college and themes? Why not create a new college? Actually I'll answer my own question. It will take more time. More creativity. Biggest issue is time. We need to end this reboot soon. Because it's become a lack of role play than paperwork. We can deal with issues as we go on. But I feel like we've dealt with the major issues. Character sheets, applications, and Sues.

F4D3
Group Admin

For one, there are many, many more problems then just that.

For two, I'm sure if you haven't noticed, but time and creativity are two of the only things being put into this college. We should take as much time as we need. And there are plenty more groups for RP that you don't know about to keep the students entertained for the time being.

Also, it's an RP, vying for the use of G, paper work is mandatory in order for things this convoluted to be fun.

Aye, that's why I said it'd work. I see no reason to change it, in fact, for a brief personality test, it accomplishes what it needs to.

1427825>>1427845

Maybe I should just add 'Do you like to play tennis?' to the test, and throw anyone who answers yes into Scarlet Fox. Or make it the NSFW dorm. Everyone would apply.

And we have a lot of work to do on locations, really, before we reopen it, unfortunately. The opening text sets the entire scene for the location, and a number of them don't really have a good scene setting chunk of text...

--Silvy

F4D3
Group Admin

I've tried my best with what locations I've done, but some of them do still need improvement, as well as change for them to be canon in the reboot.

Ukaih
Group Contributor

1427845>>1427884 So the four main problems are Administration/ Character Sheets, Role playing guidelines, Locations, and Sues. We have administration and character sheets completed. Role play guidelines is posted. I'm done as a Sue. So only locations is not done.

Ukaih
Group Contributor

1427884 Seriously? A sex dorm:facehoof:. It thought we weren't supporting that as much.

F4D3
Group Admin

All of those things aren't even close to being done with, you really just need to learn some patience...

Apparently nobody around here understands the term 'joke' anymore. :applejackunsure:

Ukaih
Group Contributor

1427946 Uh they are. We just showed that administration was complete. The character sheets were completed. You even posted the rules for a clean roleplay. Only locations are incomplete.

F4D3
Group Admin

I''m not content in stealing Iron Galley's stuff, nobody even follows it anyways. We need to make a list of very extensive rules in order for the group to function properly. Have you forgotten the systems we have yet to decide on? Administration is completely disputable as personal opinion. And we're far from dealing with RP conduct.

We're making progress, but we've still been tossing around rule ideas, such as demerits, and the character sheets aren't totally finalized, plus there was a building permit application I likely need to create. We still have to finalize the class lists, too. We're coming along, but there's a lot to do.

The sad thing is we won't even have Iron Galley in the new group. I still wish I knew what he was banned for. He'd be a major help on this. too.

--Silvy

F4D3
Group Admin

I could make assumptions all day about why it happened, but the bottom line is I miss him like hell. :ajsleepy:

I'll admit I've checked quite a number of times to see if he's still banned. I was really hoping it'd be a temporary ban.

--Silvy

Ukaih
Group Contributor

1426227((Okay I know it's good to keep somewhat close to the manga. But this is very different than the manga.))
Violet Wolf:
This dorm is located on the north side of the collge on top of a short knull. The building itself is a tall Victorian building. With steep roofs and a tower. It can easily be confused with a haunted house. That though is the most normal of this building. The outside walls change hues of purple depending on the time of day. From deep indigo to light lavender. The roof is a soulful black checkered with light purple octagonal shapes. The windows reflect light. The door is a large oak door. It is in the shape of a circle and when opens goes downwards.
The pathway to the house is of large basalt rocks. These cut through the tall unkept grass. Towering above the grass and pathway are tall metalic black lamp posts. That cast eerie shadows. Across the grass are tall blooming trees. These tress bear delicious apples, lemons, cherries, and sweet scented flowers. Once you make it to the door. You come under a deck area made of polished oak wood.
The door swings backwards when you knock on the large gold wolf knocker. It leads you to a curved hallway. The wall is painted a light plum. With black swirls. These swirls move around the hallway on the walls. The floor is a soft material dyed dark violet.
At the end of the hall way are two black metalic spiral staircases. They lead to the two sleeping quarters of the dorm students. In between the staircases is a triangle door.
This leads to a large expansive room. This room had moving murals with in it. The cieling a moving sky. There were plush beanbags perfect for curling up on and drawing or writing a song. In the middle of the room was a large gold kiln with a door painted on it. What ever that meant. Around the kiln was pottery tools and the likes. The room's back wall was dominated by a large glass window. That looked into a underground lake. Filled with tropical fish and a small coral reef.
On the left side was a door to the tower. After climbing the staircases to the top of the tower. One is meeted by a large private music room. Complete with three pianos and plenty of other musical instruments. Then on the right side was a door to a stage area.
Where one could perform dorm plays. The stage area also had some rooms for changing and techie rooms. Such as a sound booth and light booth. Two other doors were in the round hallhay both curved and made of oak.
The right one led to the back yard. Which had the tall grass and trees. But also stairs to the deck area that circled the house. The deck had simple chairs and couches. It had a slanted roof above it. The left door lead to a five star kitchen. Always stocked with the freshest ingredients from Violet Wolf's gardens. ((Heres the raw version. Any feedback??))

Well, I'll probably rewrite a fair amount of the text, but the descriptions are fairly good. I'm thinking I may change the knocker to be silver with amethyst mounted in it to keep it as a 'violet' wolf.

I may also scale back a few things. I won't necessarily do that in the first revision, though. I'll probably wait 'til I have all the dorm descriptions in hand for that, really, as I'll need to evaluate them against each other.

There's also a good chance that I'll make the kitchen something like the 'Happy Fun Sunshine' house's kitchen. Though stocked with ingredients from the dorm garden sounds good.

That's my initial impression, anyways. We'll see how my first revision goes. Looks good, in any case.

--Silvy

Ukaih
Group Contributor

1547800 Do what ever you wish. But I have one reference did you cetch my small hat tip to the academy? Sure it failed but I have good memories of it.

I'm going to try to keep the moving sky and beanbags in on the common room, definitely. I did like the descriptions for the academy for Cheetah Stripes. I wish I still had them for comparison, in fact. They needed reworking for grammar, but it had a very good feel to it. I do like having Violet Wolf having an homage to the area.

--Silvy

Ukaih
Group Contributor

1547842 Truthly looking back I doubt it xould have ever really lifted off. It was really Elpy, you, and I. Elpy had one character. So did you. I had to many. But cameos of some of my students will be made. Just slight ones.

Well, lets see how this rough draft looks. Some of it is pretty faithful, and some isn't, partially because I had trouble seeing the layout for sections. I'm sure this will be revised later, since I'm getting a bit tired, and I'm sure it needs it. I'll post this on the annex, too:

Walking along a path on the north side of the college, a tall Victorian-era building can be found on top of a short knoll. With its steep roof and the tower to one side, it could easily be mistaken for a haunted house. That, however, is the most normal thing about the dorm.

The whole building is completely purple, but the shade changes throughout the day, ranging anywhere from a light lavender to a deep purple. The roof is dark purple, almost black in color, and checkered with light purple octagons.

As you walk up the path, basalt rocks crunch underfoot, cutting through tall, unkempt grass. Tall black lamp posts tower overhead, casting eerie shadows over the path as you continue on. Tall blooming trees are scattered along the path, bearing apples, lemons and cherries.

Looking in the windows as you approach, you see nothing but your own reflection. Leaving the path, you step onto a deck of polished oak, with a large circular oak door in front of you, opening downwards. In the center is a silver knocker in the shape of a wolf, with pieces of amethyst for eyes.

Knocking three times, the door swings backwards. Going in, your path leads down to a curved hallway with light plum colored walls. Black swirls on the walls seem to move if you focus your eyes on them for too long, so you look down at the thick dark velvet carpeting instead as you move forward.

Soon, you reach two ornate metallic spiral staircases, leading to the Violet Wolf sleeping quarters. Between the black stairways is a triangular door which leads to a large expansive common room.

The walls of the common room were covered with moving murals, all different, and the ceiling, amazingly, looked just like the sky outside, clouds moving, and accurately depicting the time of day. Plush beanbags lay all around the room, perfect for curling up on and drawing or writing on, with low tables nearby.

In the center of the room was a large gold kiln with a door painted on it, though you aren't quite sure why. Scattered around it lay various ceramic working tools, and a supply of clay.

The back wall of the room had an elaborate aquarium set up that dominated an entire wall. Tropical fish swim by, and it extends so deep you don't even see the far end. Wait, was that a giant squid that just swam by?

To the left lay a simple stone doorway, with a long stairway behind it. Climbing the staircase, you find yourself at the top of the tower you saw from outside. After leaving the staircase, you end up in a large private music room, with a piano, and small collection of instruments, some of which seem to belong to other students in the dorm.

A door leads to the backstage of a small theater area, with changing rooms, and a light and sound booth. The theater took up the remainder of the top of the tower, but on your way back down the stairs, you realize there was another doorway you missed.

This doorway leads out to a deck area that circles the house. Canvas chairs and occasional tables are scattered here and there, and a slanted roof mostly protects it from inclement weather.

Down below the deck, lie a few private vegetable gardens, and a doorway leads to a kitchen. Painted in simple base colors, a few students are in here passionately at work cooking. The cupboards and refrigerators here all appear to be commonly shared with stickers indicating who everything belongs to, and in many cases, that it's free for the taking.

After grabbing a snack, you head back in, back through the triangular door, and up one of the staircases you noticed earlier. They both terminate in a hallway lined with doorways to the students rooms. At the far end is a bulletin board listing the room assignments.

Violet Fox Room Assignments:
#1: --

The rooms all look fairly similar. Light violet walls, a desk with a lamp on it and a comfortable chair, a beanbag in one corner, and a large soft bed to one side. Someone appears to have thoughtfully left some pens and pencils on the desk and a supply of paper in a drawer, and there's a small bookcase to the side.

Ukaih
Group Contributor

1556188 Green Lion: This building is located by the pool and is the closest to the main College building. It is a light mint green building made of stone. A small yard was around it. Consiting of small cut grass. Than on the grass are painted white lines for football, soccer, and even a small Quidditch court. The small granite cobblestone path way lead to two huge light mint green lion statutes. Then a large double door ended the pathway. The door had two gold doorknobs with emerald rhinestone. Then entryway was two stairs on going up to a landing. Then on the left and right were two halls. The left hall lead to the massive gymnasium. From the gym complete with basket ball hoops. An enchanted floor that can become wood, grass, ice, or water. Due to the sport at hand. Then at the back of the gym is a door to the weight room. Then on the left side of the gym are two doors to the locker rooms. Gender separated. The right hall leads to another gym but this one was for flying sports such as Flying races, cloud kicking competions, Quidditch, and other sports. Then Back in the entryway on top of the landing is a door to the dojo. Which takes up the majority of the second floor. Then inbetweeen the stairs is a door to the commons room. The commons room is a restaurant feeling to it. It had black bar stools and tables. Then a little bar area which serves healthy smoothies, butterbeer nonacholic, and juices. Then there is two seperate stair the right leading to the girls rooms. Then the left headed to the guys room. (So heres another one. I didn't put to much detail since most members won't notife the decor anyway. But imagine trophys and ribbons. But also an edge of seriousness and competitive feelings. Any feedback Besides grammar?)

Ukaih
Group Contributor

1556188 I'm gonna post Scarlet Fox tonight. Give me a sec.

Ukaih
Group Contributor

1547800 Okay raw Scarlet Fox dorm description two.

Scarlet Fox

This dorm was located farthest from the College. It was a deep red quartz building. It mostly consisted of tall towers. Which on top of these round towers were elaborate turrets. These turrets were several shades of red. But that was the image from faraway. It was placed on a lawn of green grass. Around the lawn were fountains made of red marble. The entrance to the dorm. Was two large doors. These doors had a mosaic made of red hued glass. It made the insignia of Scarlet Fox.
Then the two doors would open silently. Then it would lead to a large ball room entrance. It had a domed ceiling with a large crystal chandelier.

There are three round staircases. The left one lead to a large spa and the butler's quarters. The spa was a spotless light red place. It consisted of several rooms. Then two large bath houses. Which were seperated by gender. But there are records of boys trying to break into the girls bath house. Enchanted dummies work in the spa. The butlers quarters were simple but some what luxurious rooms.

On the right staircase it leads to an indoor pool with Jacuzzis and a small bar area. This then leads to three other things a small arcade. A poker room and small sitting rooms. The sitting rooms consisted of chairs. But each one was connected to a complex system of secret passage ways only accessible by the prefect. The poker room was were the highest of Scarlet Fox students held meetings. They were known as The Council.

Behind the the middle staircase was the door to the commons room a large room. It had three huge chandeliers and one huge fireplace. It had mutliple in leather chairs and sofas. In their students mingled with fake smiles. It was the spawning point of several politicians and royalty. So thusly all that came out of their mouths were lies. There were three doors. The two side doors were to the Boys turrets and Girls turrets. The middle one was to the main turret which was the prefects own personal turret. With large guest suites beneath it. (So how bad is it?)

Well, it's a good start. I'll want to elaborate it a bit, and I'm planning on doing the usual walking through the dorm technique. I may work a tennis count in somewhere.

I'll admit my brain is still trying to work around this section a bit.

It had mutliple in leather chairs and sofas. In their students mingled with fake smiles. It was the spawning point of several politicians and royalty. So thusly all that came out of their mouths were lies.

--Silvy

Ukaih
Group Contributor

1847147 Oops. Heres a better version. In the commons area. Were large leather chairs and sofas. The students of the dorm were children of royalty and politicians. As they mingled and talked to each other they practiced the fine art of lieing behind a fake plastered smile.

F4D3
Group Admin

1847196>>1847147
I really hate to interject here, and while I really do like what Ukaih's done with bits of this description, I was kinda hoping I could do this one. I had a few ideas in my head as to what might be in the dorm, such as hidden passage ways and peepholes into certain rooms. You know, give the dorm a bit of intrigue, rather than just general snottiness.

Ukaih
Group Contributor

1847233>>1847147 How about we combine our descriptions? Post yours. Then Couldn't you Silver combine them as you see fit?

F4D3
Group Admin

1847248>>1847147
May haps, I'm a bit busy right now to sit down and type it up though. Also, I made some sayings for each of the dorms.

The Lions roams the grassy plain
The owl soars above fallen clouds
The fox fuels the mountain's flame
The wolf traverses the warped woods

These sound good to you? I know they need a bit of improvement, but I think they sound pretty good.I might try making this into a poem later on if people like it...

Ukaih
Group Contributor

1847298 May I haiku them? It is a gift of mine.

1847233>>1847248

I'm sure I could do something with both, and if you like parts of Ukiah's and haven't typed up yours yet, you could always incorporate those parts into yours, saving me some time. Also, feel free to make changes to the ones I've already done, and I'll review them.

Looks good, though I'm not sure how the fox fuels the mountains flame, and I could see them being slightly longer, though I'm feeling too lazy to attempt another version at the moment.

--Silvy

F4D3
Group Admin

These have to do with the back story of the college, and hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to type up my description, although it'll most likely be a tad short.

If you'd like.

Ukaih
Group Contributor

Lion stalks in plain-
His eyes stare out in tall grass
physical prowess

Owl above white clouds-
His eyes of wise doth see all
underneath his wings.

Theres two.

F4D3
Group Admin

Seems okay to me.

Ukaih
Group Contributor

1847328 So we may not need to revise this place. But a different version has been floating around my head. So heres the before.

You walk up a cobblestone path to a rustic but appealing shop in Knightstone Village. With stone walls, a tiled roof, and flowers along the side of the road, a sign in the window proclaims this to be Madam Fittings' Shop, home of the best tailor in the area. Through the window, you can see ponyquins featuring school uniforms and other, more exotic outfits, and a sign in the window advertising that Weston College student uniforms are for sale here.
As you walk in, you see ponyquins displaying dresses of all types, as well as variants of the school uniform, prefect vests, as well as fake red roses, green holly, blue gentian, and purple dahlia, to accessorize. Fabric swatches of every type are hung around the shop. An elderly gray mare with a green shawl is sewing in the back of the shop.

I did take out the Sweetie Belle part. Due to the fact. I'm guessing she's going to be a new student? Than here's mine. It also connects the events of the shop burning and Ukaih rebuilding it. Of course instead of Ukaih rebuilding it. I think Zecora giving it to Madam Fittings makes more sense.

As one goes about Knightstone Village seeing the more traditional stone buildings and such. You'd eventually find yourself in front of a large tree. It's branches made the buildings around it covered by shadow. It had a trunk the size of a large building. The shadows are illuminated by roots that come out of the ground and have glowing stone connected to them. These roots are like street lamps. These lamps follow the cobblestone pathway. To a wooden door painted a bright leafy green. The bottom of the trunk had curved glasses at it. They showed a room filled with ponyquins that wore exotic dresses and equally amazing Tuxedos. A sign encraved in gold lettering proclaimed this the shop of Madam Fittings the best tailor in the area.

As you open the door sweet bells(he he reference) twinkle welcoming you. Besides the ponyquins there were several large dressers. These were painted a snow white and were on the left side of the round room. The room was light by bright cozy lamps on the wall. There was also a counter top on the right side. In the middle was the ponyquins and rows of clothing. To the back was swathes of clothes. Each one a different color and material. Behind the counter was a gray door to the living space of the owner. By the ponyquins were doors to dressing rooms/ fitting rooms. The floor was part of the trunk itself. The ceiling was curved upwards and had a mural of leaves. There is a sign behind the counter on the wall that said.

Welcome to Madam Fittings boutique! Here are set prices. Different materials may lower or heighten the cost.
Weston College Student Uniform: 10# (#= bits maybe?)
Dresses: 20#
Tuxedos: 20#
Other: This price is set by what it is and material used
Repair: 5#
Enchantment: 7#
Customized College Student Uniform: 15#
Armor: See Pine for price
Prefect Weston College Uniform: +5#
Every hour spent on making of clothing is 0.5#

Besides this sign there was a retro cash register and a chair. Occupying this chair was an old but stil lovely grey mare. With a black mane and Mysterious Green eyes. Most of her body was hidden by a green shawl.

Ukaih
Group Contributor

1847339 So since my midteen crisis is over:ajsleepy:. How is the description going? I'm excited to see what your version of Scarlet Fox will be.
1847147>>1847339 Also since the College has a theme song. I thought of theme sonys for the dorms. The majoriy our just for laughs.
Sapphire Owl:[youtube=TC9aXKqrEvE]
Violet Wolf:[youtube=xIx_HbmRnQY]
Green Lion:[youtube=BwBKjK7Xik0]
Scarlet Fox:[youtube=jofNR_WkoCE]

F4D3
Group Admin

To be honest, I've been too busy lately to even think about it. Sorry. I'll try to get to it when I can.

And although this really isn't my domain, I thought all past events didn't happen, so the shop never burnt down in the first place? That, and the fact that not everything is changing necessarily. It all depends on how much people want to change it.

Ukaih
Group Contributor

1889271 No problem. It took me a month to get it out. So your still winning.

Ukaih
Group Contributor

1847328>>1847405 So where are we at with the reboot?
We have locations done for now. At least the starting locations. So what else do we need?

Alright, finally got to a first draft:

Scarlet Fox

After a long walk, you finally approach the Scarlet Fox dorm, the furthest of the dorms from the heart of the campus, and considered the best of them, at least by the students living there. You see a large building constructed of rose quartz. The main building is two large crystalline towers with elaborate turrets at the top.

The path to the building is surrounded by a well-kept green lawn, with fountains constructed of red marble along the way. The water itself looks faintly pink, a trick of the underlying marble and the pink sand at the bottom of the fountains, though the older students sometimes have been known to tell gullible freshmen that they are stained with the blood of the innocent. The occasional koi fish swims merrily by, courtesy of the hidden pipelines connecting it to the pond in the gardens.

Behind the towers lies a large set of tennis courts, where you see several of the idle rich students at play. Ignoring them, you approach the towers themselves. The two towers are connected by a pair of large glass doors with a mosaic inlaid on them, forming the familiar insignia of the Scarlet Fox hall. The doors open silently as you pass through to the main hall.

Directly in front of you are three spiral staircases. Behind the middle one lies the entrance to a large ballroom. Looking in, you see a domed ceiling with large crystal chandeliers.

The left staircase leads to a room formed of spotless light red stone. This is the entrance to a large spa. You can see bored students gossiping and getting hooficures and mud baths. There are bathhouses to the left and right, segregated by gender. The in-house staff is more then familiar with attempts to break in to the other sexes bathhouse, and competent to deal with such. Both bathhouses also have an attached sauna.

Going back down, the right staircase leads to yet another hall. To the left and right are several small sitting rooms with comfortable chairs, tables, and portraits whose eyes seem to follow your every movement. Many an important deal has been made in these rooms, and Scarlet Fox lore tells of secret passages going to these rooms, and peepholes where you can observe the meetings in action. Past the sitting rooms lies a small arcade, a poker room, and finally, a pool area with Jacuzzi's and a small bar. The poker room is also where a secretive group of Scarlet Fox students known as 'The Council' is known to hold its meetings.

If you were to take the middle staircase, back in the main hall, it leads you straight to the commons room, a room with three large chandeliers, and a huge fireplace. Multiple chairs and sofa's of a leather-like material dot this room, and there is at least one butler preset at all times. Pictures of important Scarlet Fox members line the walls. From here, going forward leads you to a door only accessible by the prefects, for their own personal quarters and guest suites for visitors. Going to the left and right are the girls and boys rooms, with the servant and butlers quarters at the end, and a bulletin board at the entrance with room assignments.

Scarlet Fox Dorms:
#1: --
#2: --

All the rooms are similarly plush, with crimson couches, chairs, and beds, a mahogany desk, and a box with buttons on it near the bed to summon a servant to your quarters for any reasonable requests. Beware of harassing them, however, as they have been known to remove this privilege if it is abused.

Let me know what you think, and this is certainly open to revision. I haven't even really gone back over it much yet.

--Silversmith Senna Spoon

Ukaih
Group Contributor

2041810 I love it.

• Viewing 51 - 100 of 109