"My Backwards Pony" Collab 9 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5
Shadowed Rainbow
Group Admin

So, considering the fact that MMC will be the first chapter, and has quite a few songs, I got to thinking about the songs in general for this. So, how do you think the songs should play out? Do you think they should have the same tune as the normal ones, but with lyrics that fit the reversal plot lines?:scootangel::twilightsmile:

That seems like the appropriate route to take - that, or ignore the songs entirely.

Hmm, working musical numbers into text form is awfully tricky... that's no reason not to try, of course, but nobody will blame you for skirting around them. If you're going to tackle them, then yeah, my recommendation would be to write new lyrics that scan for the original tune, but also to keep an eye out for any lines or phrases you can re-use as they are -- ideally in such a way as to give them ironic new meanings. F'rinstance, the second verse of Celestia's song from MMC -- "It's time now for a new change to come", etc. -- becomes a bit dickish when she's taking away Twilight's Princess status. :trollestia:

Shadowed Rainbow
Group Admin

1185911 I think it would be pretty cool to include the songs from a backwards perspective - everyone knows the tunes of them anyway, so it can work like a parody.:scootangel:

1186573 I like that idea!:twilightsmile: I'm starting to work on the songs now since MMC is the first one and I'm writing it, so here's a bit I have for the backward's version of "What My Cutie Mark Is Telling Me":

Rarity: I was a fashionista,
Dress-making was a breeze,
But Twilight switched my cutie mark,
Now I make others freeze.

That unicorn is spiteful,
Messed up who I should be.
She's writing up our destinies,
And this chaos that's around depresses me.

Just some prototype lyrics.:scootangel:

Sweet, I like it! :pinkiehappy:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5