Collegia Arcana 9 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4
Stone Knight
Group Admin

The stallion took off his helm, laying it to one side on top of the hill. It was beautiful up here, you could see the entire city stretched out below like a sea of glimmering jewels, lanterns flickering in the setting sun. This spot, though, was peaceful. The noise and dirt didn't come up here, just the sounds of grass blowing in the warm breeze.

"Brought your favorite." he rumbled, his face stoic. The sunlight gleamed off of his mane, peppered white with age, though it still remained largely black. "Mead from the south farms. Thought we'd share a glass today." There was no answer, and he popped the bottle open, laying one glass on the ground. He topped it off, pouring one for himself.

"It's been twelve years. And we in the Order still remember. And I guess it's my duty to keep the flame burning. Not many of us make it to a teaching job, you know." He chuckled. "Can you imagine? Me teaching. In a classroom. Good kids, look damn weird. Like Diamond Dogs, minus the hair. A far cry from the old days, I'll tell you what."

He drank deeply before continuing. "Candlelight's doing well. We're expecting a foal soon. You remember her, right? That cute cleric from up north? Ten years of courting, but I finally got her. Missed you at the wedding, though I can't blame you for that."

The sun set over the city. He smiled, even though a few tears were falling from his eyes. "Don't worry. We're keeping things safe, keeping the peace just like we swore. Not so publicly anymore, it's not the old days, but we're doing what we can." There was a pause.

"I can see why you wanted to be here instead of back home. Lets you take it all in, see what you were fighting for. A good spot."

He finished the glass, but made no attempt to move. He refilled it. There were several bottles. He sighed, letting the last of his resolve fall away. He wept openly, unashamed. Looking out over the city, he placed one hoof on the weathered stone, engraved with a simple name and date. "I miss you, brother. Rest easy. we're keeping it safe."

"We're keeping them all safe."

Class resumes tomorrow.

I'm getting feels about a character that a random person on the internet impersonates for the purpose of teaching me about a magical land of ponies. This is bizarre.

I'm going to go feel really sad now.

Good kids, look damn weird. Like Diamond Dogs, minus the hair.

Uhhh....Uuuuuhhhhhhh.....

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4