Collegia Arcana 9 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 124 )
  • Viewing 101 - 150 of 124
Stone Knight
Group Admin

Correct. They reside in the employ of the Dawn Mistress. Who oversees the Court of Miracles?

Stone Knight
Group Admin

What is the Sunguard?

Celestia's Paladins. Another group of zealots.

Celestia's best paladins, came about because of a bet with Lady Everstar.

Stone Knight
Group Admin

And, since we've covered major groups in three courts, can you tell me about Luna's Court?

Stone Knight
Group Admin

And what were the terms of that bet?

Luna's court would have the most Mentalists. Perhaps there are a few backstabbers or spies among spies, but at least you can always trust not to trust anypony.

It would probably be a court of some of the most accomplished mentalists one could find. This is determined through a tournament.

Stone Knight
Group Admin

Which brings us back to the purpose of all this, to reinforce that Mentalists are dangerous. Really, really dangerous. Mages can be the most destructive, but Mentalists are easily the most potentially dangerous.

Stone Knight
Group Admin

The very same Lucantur that was practiced in Equestria before the Evening Rebellion.

That 101 of Lady Everstar's best mages could beat easily the best of Celestia's best paladins. Lady Everstar herself was the 101st Mage and didn't take part as her mages demolished the opposing paladins. Lady Everstar won bragging rights and one favor no questions asked from Celestia.

I can't even imagine what a powerful, knowledgeable one could do, especially since it is entirely possible to have encountered one and not remember it. But the inexperienced ones are worse.

Stone Knight
Group Admin

Outstanding. You've all got your knowledge of the classes down very well. Can anyone tell me the difference between magic in use now and the magic used in the Zenith Era?

Magic used in the Zenith Era was more restricted due to the binding of the elements. Magic in use now is not as restricted due to binding but instead by rules of use.

It's uhhhh less refined?

In the Zenith Era, Binding magic kind of dominated and not many in Equestria were entirely aware of Breaking magic. However, the distinctions of the magical cross that we know today didn't exist and all ponies just took magic as one big thing.

Stone Knight
Group Admin

Generally true.

Stone Knight
Group Admin

You are both correct. Because of the effect had on the world by the Avatar of Chaos, as well as the general diminishing of power in respect to Binding Magic, magic today is able to be used far more offensively. It runs wild and unchained.

Stone Knight
Group Admin

Now, we'll bring class to an end for tonight. Your homework is an essay comparing magic in the present day and the Zenith Era, as well as your thoughts on this change. Is it for better or for worse? Is it preferable to have magic as strong as it is, or more restrained, and why?

And be ready for class on Wednesday.

Questions?

When will the essay be due and how long would you like it?

Stone Knight
Group Admin

Wednesday. Over one thousand words, less than three unless you feel that the cutoff is too limiting. Be detailed in your thoughts.

I think with that I'll call it a night then. See ya Wednesday.

• Viewing 101 - 150 of 124