Mormon Bronies 108 members · 233 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
All of the Above
Group Contributor

This is actually the first lesson that I’ve had to pre-write. The reason being that I’m going out of town with my family to see The Force Awakens (because we haven’t found the time to watch it until today) because four out of six of us are all really big nerds.

Pointless introductions aside, on the thirteenth, I said that I’m going to have a lesson about how we can make Christmas better for everybody else who might not have the same luxuries as us.

Now, you might know exactly what I’m going to tell you, seeing how I’ve been on a major service kick recently. So, service. Go to a neighbor's house and shovel their walk if it snows. Go and take some food to a poor family. Sit down with an elderly person and just have a good chat. The ladder is my personal favorite, because they have a lot of really interesting stories to tell.

There’s a lot that you can do for others, so I’m going to give you guys the opportunity to give some examples of good deeds you can do for others. I’m going to continue with the lesson, but you should still totally give some ideas of how to make the holidays a happier for everyone else.

I want to leave you all with just one more message. Remember why we celebrate this holiday. Sure, it’s nice to wake up and then open a bunch of presents, but we wouldn't have this holiday if it wasn’t for Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father’s sacrifice. So, when Christmas time rolls around, when you wake up, say a prayer. Tell Heavenly Father how happy you are for all the things that He has done for us. Take a look at your family, and look at them. Note how happy they are. If that isn’t the greatest gift anybody can receive on Christmas Day, then I don’t know what is.

Merry Christmas, everybody.

-Joe

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1