Jewish Ponies 55 members · 16 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7

After today's episode of "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic" aired, I was haunted by a comment on one of its related threads, from the Writer's Group, as posted by ZeroChill:

inb4GriffonsareEquestria'sversionofJewjokes.

Uh, sir, those are not jokes. They are canards. And these canards are anti-Semitic and vicious. Many of these are lifted from the Protocols of the Elders of Zion, a book that, according to the Anti-Defamation League, "has been the major weapon in the arsenals of anti-Semites around the world." ZeroChill is obviously too religiously ignorant to realize this.

If you agree with me, state why below.

4401976 Uh, yeah, that was pretty haunting to read. Did you report him?

4402602 I haven't. But I might want to think about it. I don't think anyone should come to this site, and get away with claiming that we Jews act like the Griffons do in that part of the new episode. ZeroChill, I think, has done just that. And that is just sad.

4402602 4402606
I'm not going to name names. But I once read a fanfiction (that involved Equestria interacting with Earth) where the American South rioted, because a Black female became the President of the United States.

The writer didn't seem to mean that as a joke, it seemed to be serious. And that disgusted me. I'm not normally one for political correctness, but that was just stepping too much into sterotypesville (the stereotype of the White Southern racist). However, I didn't report the fanfiction. I just stopped reading it, and left a comment explaining why I stopped reading it.

But I suppose what really offends me is this: It's seen as okay to bash the American South. You can't say bad things about Jews, about Blacks, and about a bunch of other groups. But Southerners, Russians, etc.: It's open season. And that's not right! We need to be consistent here. Don't report anti-Jewish stuff, unless you'd also report anti-Southern and anti-Russian stuff.

But frankly: I think the pedophilia (aka foalcon) on this site is a far more serious problem, then any anti-Jewish or anti-Southern sentiment here!

Southerners basically have kind of earned the reputation though. You do know that most lynchings were an excuse for a town party (to witness the murder of usually a black man) and they actually took photos and made postcards of the events. At least we Krauts didn't do that shit. We actually are ashamed of our behavior.

I have two counter-points to that:

#1: You said yourself: Most lynchings were an excuse for a town party. Keyword: "Were"! That's past-tense, not present-tense.

#2:

Southerners basically have kind of earned the reputation though.

Replace "Southerners" with "Jews" or "Blacks", and would you be able to get away with saying something like that? No, you wouldn't! You'd be called "anti-Semitic" or "raciest". It's not something you'd be allowed to say in polite society.

I am certainly not saying all Southerners here. I am simply saying with the daily statements about my own people, the Germans, plus the fact that many Southerners Deny the crimes committed by the Klan and During Slavery, that that's somewhat warranted.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7