Jewish Ponies 56 members · 16 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1

I present to some very great stories about me.

One of them concerns our family Seder plate. The first night of Passover was greeted, of course to a seder plate. What could be so wrong about that...other than the fact that its box suggested that it was MADE IN CHINA. This leads my suspicions to thus: OMG! We Jews have followed the US lead by outsourcing our products (since a Jewish product is supposed to be MADE IN ISRAEL! Ah, at least the rest of the whole Passover stuff is Made In Israel, correct?)

The Christian channel UP TV (Uplifting Entertainment) (ch. 178 on my cable system, which presents no HD counterpart) screened a 20th Century-Fox film called The Passion Of The Christ yesterday. That's right -- they showed what many have viewed as the most anti-Semitic film of 2004 on the first night of...PASSOVER, of all things! (what was UP TV thinking when they came up with this kind of scheduling?) And don't take my word for it either; Mel Gibson's anti-Semitism is highly well-known, and Gibson also starred in that film. The Passion Of The Christ, from a Jew's POV, was at best summed up very well on South Park, which taught us that just one screening of that film is enough to hand horrible, faith-based, nightmares out to the Jewish person in your life.

In other news, the date on which this forum is posted here, happens to be the season premiere of My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic. Which brings up what happened online yesterday: I saw this man, Gojira007, who appears to be Jewish, as are, pretty much, all of this group's members, hence the name Jewish Ponies, who wrote "Fingers crossed; the last couple Season Premieres have been Ambitious But Ultimately Kind Of Misfires. I'm hopeful this one can be at least as satisfying (though obviously it can't really be as effectively shocking) as "Return of Harmony". I'm also gonna be crazy-late to the party, though, since Job + Passover Sedar = Basically No Free Time [today]. lD Ah well. Fingers still crossed." I myself may actually watch the premiere privately in my room, and, as of the time of the forum's posting, I am recording the whole thing to DVD, which may secure this move to watching the S5 premiere.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1