yugioh 163 members · 99 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10

I posted this question in a three previous YGO groups there but I want to ask this in other groups such as this one too to see if others saw any. Like just expanding my search there.

Are there any YGO fics out there where Spike gets to duel?
Especially ones where it takes place in the Equestria Girls universe(like where the events of the show happened rather than a completely different human AU and such) or in regular Equestria.
Its just that I keep seeing so many fics where Spike is in said fics but sadly doesn't he get to duel, especially due to he's stuck as a dog there.
It really makes me wishes the EQG show writers didn't made Spike into a dog like that..
Since pretty much he got screwed hard in more ways than one due to that.

I did found a quite a handful of fics where he got to duel but sadly its either he's ultimately in the shadows of others or the fic is left unfinished for a long time(heck, all 3 fics I found that is left unfinished are ones where Spike is the main protagonist).
Even then, there's still not much fics there where he got to duel, and its just saddening for me.
I think I only found a few fics(two from the same author who's still active on here) where Spike gets to duel and said fic(s) are still alive(as in not left hanging for so long) there, while he isn't in the shadows of others so far.
But that was it.

I remember that one.
Haven't read it yet but.. well..

7442545 I hope you do. It's some of my best work.

Well.. with what I read about the downsides on what happened to him so far(and how he's a minor character in the 4th one).
Really mixed honestly..
Sorry..

He's going to duel in mind, I just need to create cards for him

Hope to see how it goes for Spike there.

I'll try to read them eventually.

Though feeling really mixed on how he is handled from what I read on the TV tropes.
Such as how in his first appearance, he lost to GARBLE and needed Flash to get his deck back. That really left a dark mark on him that really isn't going to go away unless it got directly addressed.(first impressions pretty much). Along it turns out he ultimately loses a bunch of times and ends up in the shadows of others in the end and from what I heard he ends up just a minor character in the 4th story.

Sorry if I seem bothersome..
It just that there isn't much YGO/MLP fics where Spike gets to be a duelist and sadly many of the ones that do let him duel, he ultimately ends up in the shadows of others and/or ultimately gets taken out since he isn't one of the "chosen ones".
I know there's a handful fics(some still active or trying to be) out there where he gets to duel and isn't ultimately in the shadows of others, that I am really thankful for.
I just wished there was more YGO/MLP fics out there where he gets to duel and ultimately isn't in the shadows of others. Like him being the protagonist or at least just able to duel in the story and not end up in the shadows of others.

So um.. yeah..
I will read your stories eventually since I find the plot and info I found from TV tropes about them to be interesting.
Its just that I am really not going to enjoy the bits that I have a problem with.
Sorry um.. just wanted to get that off of my chest..

In my story Spike dueled it's Titled EG: Battle Monsters, Spike duels in the chapters Titled Battle of the Brothers

Yeah
I read that one when it got posted.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10