Hunters of Equestria 25 members · 8 stories
Comments ( 18 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 18
Warren Peace
Group Admin

A dog is a man's best friend. And a knife is a man's best tool.

And you can never haven enough of them!

So what's your guy's favorite knife?

My favorite's a knife I've named: Old Timer (because all tools need a name)

It's a Schrade (one of my favorite companies) model 150T Deerslayer that I won in a raffle at the range I go to. It isn't a knife that I'd bring to school or wear regularly around town, but it's certainly one that I'd trust in a fight or for gutting an animal.

Nice Machete :heart:

I use an opinel. Every cheese needs an opinel.

Warren Peace
Group Admin

1973194 Cool stuff. Gotta love wooden hilts and stocks.

Though the machete's just a cheap Harbor Freight model I got since it was on sale for five bucks.

In France I do think this kind of knife would be considered as a weapon. :pinkiesad2:

Would be fun going hunting some wild boars in the countryside with that. A friend hunted one with a tomahawk :rainbowlaugh: but the beast chased him until the blood loss killed it.

Warren Peace
Group Admin

1973381 Damn, that's some crazy shit. I'll admit it'd probably be fun, though.

It was a small boar, between 50 and 70Kg. But it was fun.

I've got a little black Kukri on me, as well as a Tanto Recon Knife, both have rubber grips, although the Kukri's grip has OD green paracord wrapped around the handle.

Burn just burn
Group Contributor

Me, I use my original ww2 KA-BAR that I got from my dad's friend in the usmc for combat/gen-purpose, and my cold steel black bear classic for hunting utility.
I also love a good sog trident or the cold steel leather neck just to kick around.

Warren Peace
Group Admin

3258583 Damn, now those are some pretty knives.

Burn just burn
Group Contributor

3263714 I know right? My favorites the black bear, long stylish and deadly. Cold steels are also super sharp out of the box so they take edges quite well. Course the black bear classic's expensive as hell too; round $740 for a brand new un'. But , then again it is quite nice for a bowie as far as quality goes.

Warren Peace
Group Admin

3276054 Holy cow, that's expensive. Must be a real quality knife, though.

Burn just burn
Group Contributor

3277179 Yep, though the price does make for a friggin expensive blade. :applejackunsure: I seriously wonder why the made it so pricey; blade made of diamonds and hilt of ivory? The main selling point is that as far as bowie's go, its the best. period.:ajbemused: IMO if there was to be a fixed blade combat knife contest, this thing'd win. Though you have to feel it for yourself, the balance is truly perfect and with comparatively minor skill it becomes very versatile both in and out of tense situations.

Burn just burn
Group Contributor

1973562 I bet. Reminds of this time I just booked it towards a very pissed off mountain goat with a hatchet. I got about 8 or so feet away and then just got gut slammed by the goat's mate. Ironically both were female.

Wow, that's what i call comment necromancy xD

Burn just burn
Group Contributor

3284695 Wait, explain that one for me, necromancy? wut? :trixieshiftright:

It's been more than half a year that I posted my message, and you reply to it :P

That's called "necromantic posting" (calling back comments from the realm of oblivion and death).

Burn just burn
Group Contributor

3290336 Wait, really? I just helped revive a thread? Cool.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 18