Rumble 204 members · 314 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3

Rumble is the first male Pony to ever become an alicorn and he's not happy!
after watchingMarks and Recreationit made me wonder what is Rumble was forced to live his greatest fear of not being able to do what he wants to do?, so I figured why not make him an Alicorn Prince? because as we all know all alicorns are symbol of royalty and Rumble will be no exception, and will be forced to take on the role of being a Prince of Equestria?
how would a story of Rumble being a prince play out? that's up to anyone who's interested in taking up this story idea.

Still need to see the episode, but... really, no one's responded yet? I had something similar in idea, but different in the details with the whole Batty Not-Wedding thing.

Anyway, for those wanting to adopt the prompt, some fleshing out:

How did Rumble achieve alicornhood (by accident) in the first place?
Did he do a heroic cloudbusting move on a thundering mass that would have hurt or killed someone he loved? Did he decide to help out his fellow ponies one day and teach them how to fly, even get Scootaloo off the ground?

What rights and duties are forced upon him?
This is a big one. You can transition from the ascension to actual consequences with a timeskip, but things need to solidify at some point. Anything where all Princesses must be present demands his attention. That's frequent trips to the Crystal Empire and Canterlot, for one thing.

"Well, it's a hassle, but at least I can go to the comic shop around here, too."

How does it affect his family, if at all?
Is Thunderlane okay with his little brother getting all this attention? Are we going to get a situation where the older brother acts as a proxy for the younger one, causing resentment between the two? There's a potential conflict there, and a unique way to match Thunderlane and Rumble with Celestia and Luna. You could also work in the differences between how sisters act and how brothers act.

How does it affect the other royals?
Does he get accepted, does it get awkward? Do they try to help him fit in or shut him out because he's a little boy? And how does Prince Rumble react to all that?

... could Rumble stage a coup?

Most importantly, though...

What's your story?
Always remember "Rumble becomes an alicorn prince" is not a story. It's a setting, or a scene. Work your way up to his ascension, or start from his ascension, make it serve a purpose.

thank you for leaving your input :heart: I think this will really help anyone who's interested in adopting this prompt.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3