Fandom RP 12 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 252 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 252
Subatomic Seal
Group Admin

You are a hunter hired by Moga Village, a small port town. There have been recent reports of monsters in the wilds around the village. It's your job to kill them.

Subatomic Seal
Group Admin

Ashenwing mounts his rifle over his back, and starts walking to the forest near the village.
It's gonna be another boring day... He thought. Nevertheless, he continues walking.

[Humans or ponies in this thread?]

Subatomic Seal
Group Admin

1186354 ((Ponies. Great to have you here, Crater!))

[Does my reputation precede me?]

The sounds of a stallion's battle cries and the unmistakable call of a Rathian ring out from deep within the forest. Judging from the pained cries of the Rathian, the stallion was coming out on top. The battle sounded close by.

Subatomic Seal
Group Admin

1186386 ((I'm also in Vamponies. By the by, should we continue Conversion Bureau?))
Ashenwing looks up, smiling slightly.
"I stand corrected," He says as he gallops towards the source of the noise.

[No, I don't think so.]

[Hmm.... You need to put more detail. If you put one short sentence and not tell me what your character does, I can't do anything in response. The whole point of this is for your character to interact with mine. So make him do something.]

Subatomic Seal
Group Admin

1186409 ((It has been changed))

[A bit better, but still work on adding more detail. Also, remember to add a....

....line of space like ^this one^ between narration and dialogue. The format looks neater.]

The source of the noise revealed itself to be an armor-clad unicorn stallion deftly wielding a Great Sword against a Rathian. The hunter was apparently quite skilled and experienced, specifically in hunting Rathians, if his full suit of Rathian armor was anything to go by. His great sword was made from the sharp, durable blue shell of a Shogun Ceanataur for superior sharpness and durability in the weapon. Several Poison Negate and Psychic jewels hung from the stallion's armor. The Rathian itself already had a severed tail, a damaged right wing, and a cracked skull plate.

The green wyvern roared and blasted a fireball, which the stallion calmly sidestepped as if he knew exactly when it was coming. The fireball whizzed by the hunter by only a few inches, the stallion unflinching from the heat.

However, the fireball was now heading towards Ashenwing.

[Meet my MH character, Jacob. I have hunted more Rathians than, I dare say, every other boss monster I have hunted combined.]

Subatomic Seal
Group Admin

1186455 His eyes widen.

"Holy motherfuck!" He cries as he rolls out of the way. He quickly draws his rifle and aims for the skull plate.

[That better be a Bowgun, not a rifle. And don't just aim! If you have a shot, take it!]

The stallion calmly advanced, flanking wide to the left of the beast as if he already knew of Ashenwing. He could very well know what Ashen was doing, with all those Psychic jewels on his armor. That, or he's very aware of his surroundings. He steadily moved forward, like an executioner with his blue blade of death.

[Oh, yeah, and more detail, please. Is that a light or heavy bowgun? There are medium bowguns, but I don't see the point of them.]

Subatomic Seal
Group Admin

1186497 ((*Waits a while*.....You done?))
Ashenwing fired, the bolt hitting the beast not in the skull, where the shot was supposed to go, but in the neck.
"Why did I take this one?" He mumbles.
((And don't forget the music!))

[Detail is important. Take it from an RP veteran and a MH veteran. Light or heavy bowgun? Type of ammo? You stock up when you go out on a quest in the game, so do the same here. Write down what you are doing, how you are doing it, and what it is directed at, or I will have nothing to work with. Since you didn't put any detail, I'm going to have to assume that was a Normal Shot Level 1.]

The hunter deftly brought his sword down onto the beast's shoulder, then back up into the bottom of its neck. At last, the green wyvern finally fell to the ground, gave one last cough of blood, and closed its eyes for good. The stallion sheathed his sword, pulled out his carving knife, and promptly began carving up the dead Rathian for materials, starting at the head. He didn't give any sign of acknowledgement to Ashenwing, completely focused on his task.

Subatomic Seal
Group Admin

1186613 Ashenwing folded his bowgun and sat down next to the corpse.
"Never seen one with my own eyes..." He says.

The hunter quietly kept carving up the beast, his whole head hidden inside his helmet. His movements were almost mechanical, his breathing very quiet. His voice was smooth and a bit deep, and could be heard when he made a small comment.

"Beautiful, aren't they?"

[Keep in mind that for talking between characters, there should be an appropriate amount of detail describing the actions. If that's not possible, put some detail into the character's thoughts.]

Subatomic Seal
Group Admin

1186684 Ashenwing smiled.
"Indeed they are," He turned to walk away.
"Simply wondering, what's your name?"

The hunter looked up, stopping his carving to study the pony in front of him. His face was still hidden by his helmet, but the glint of his green eyes could be seen through the slits. After a long moment of silence, he finally spoke his name.

"Jacob. I work out of Pokke village, and I came here to take jobs hunting some more exotic monsters." He promptly went back to carving. He seemed to know the layout of every muscle and fiber inside the dead Rathian's body. He could probably carve the beast with his eyes closed.

Subatomic Seal
Group Admin

1186734 Ashenwing turned around, a smile upon his visage.
"Nice to meet you, Jacob. name's Ashenwing,"

Jacob didn't seem to hear Ashenwing, continuing to carve up the parts and set them aside in neat piles of materials. Horns, scales, bones, claws, fangs, spikes, all neatly organized. There was quite a bounty, as well; Jacob seemed to know how to make the most of every Rathian's corpse.

Subatomic Seal
Group Admin

1186774 Ashenwing's eyes widened slightly at the hunter's work as he turned to go.
How many has he killed?

Jacob had finally finished carving up the beast, leaving the little bits he couldn't use for the Jaggi. He swept up his bounty into his bags and got up, heading back to Moga village without a word.

Subatomic Seal
Group Admin

1186821 ((Remind me, is the Jhen Mohran in Tri?))
Ashenwing stared after the stallion for a second or two, then headed deeper into the wilderness, readying his bowgun.

[Yes it is. Also, try to have your character keep interacting with mine, or things will get boring quickly. Maybe have Ashen question Jacob on his skill with Rathians?]

Subatomic Seal
Group Admin

1186860 Ashenwing stopped, and turned towards Jacob.
"I was wondering, how many Rathians have you killed?"

Jacob stopped, hanging his head as he tried to think of the number. He didn't seem very comfortable with the subject, like he was afraid he would be ridiculed for the number he gave.

"..... 174, counting the one today. Nice shot, by the way. You punctured its trachea and weakened it with that shot. Thank you." He began walking off down the trail again, his bags bulging with his supplies and carved materials. He clearly came well-prepared for any situation.

Subatomic Seal
Group Admin

1186919 Ashenwing's eyes widen.
"One hundred seventy-four? And you only target Rathians?" He says.

Jacob shook his head as they walked, shifting his bags to better sit on his armored back. "No, but I find that I always seem to need Rathian materials. I use them to upgrade my weapons, and sometimes my armor. When I get this back to the village, I will finally be able to upgrade my Princess Rapier. What about you? What were you doing out in this forest?"

Subatomic Seal
Group Admin

1186948 Ashenwing shrugs.
"Mostly just looking for a Great Jaggi. I don't know why, but it's just really fun fighting one,"

Jacob smiled from inside his helmet, looking back at his Great Sword. All of his equipment was in superb condition; he clearly takes good care of his weapons and armor. "I could help, if you want. I've learned the behavior of many monsters across the lands. Once you know how they act, you can move around them fluidly. Almost like dancing."

Subatomic Seal
Group Admin

1187001 Ashenwing frowns slightly.
"Okay, I'm sorry, but it's really hard to talk to somepony when I don't know what he or she looks like. So, could you take the helmet off for now? If you don't want to, that's fine," He scuffs his hoof on the ground, as if nervous that he said something wrong

[Needs more detail. You have to actually contribute more than a smile and a short comment. I can't do everything for you. Take five extra minutes to put some effort and detail into what Ashenwing says and does, because if you don't, this will get very boring very quickly.]

Subatomic Seal
Group Admin

1187030 ((Everything has been changed))

Jacob shuffled his hooves nervously, unused to showing his face to many ponies. His helmet was made to cover his horn with armor as well, so not a single part of his body could be seen. The pony sighed and used his magic to remove his helmet to reveal his face. Jacob had a short square muzzle, sea blue fur, and a scarlet red mane cut short and tight. Around his horn was a gold and bronze ring, a symbol of the Elite Guild society that stretched across the whole globe.

Subatomic Seal
Group Admin

1188363 Ashenwing's eyes widen slightly at the sight of the stallion.
Cuter than I thought.

[What, no comment on the ring signifying that he's an Elite Hunter of the Guild?]

Subatomic Seal
Group Admin

1188431 ((He doesn't really focus on that kind of stuff))

Jacob seemed rather nervous for an elite hunter, his cheeks red as he packed his helmet into his bags. As they walked, the hunter kept his eyes fixed on the trail ahead of them, not saying a word.

[What does Ashenwing look like again?]

Subatomic Seal
Group Admin

1188448 ((Grey pegasus. Has a white streak through the middle of his black tail, and a white strip on the side of his mane, which is also black))
Ashenwing looked around, unsure of what to say as he absentmindedly fiddled with his bowgun. His eyes seemed to be drawn to Jacob.

Jacob eventually glanced over and asked "You look nervous. Something on your mind?" He adjusted his bags and made sure his great sword was tucked away properly.

Subatomic Seal
Group Admin

1188529 Ashenwing's eyes darted around.
"Um.......N-no....."

Jacob tilted his head as the trail led them closer to the village. Moga Village appeared in the distance, and the hunter stopped Ashenwing to sit on the side of the trail.

"What's wrong, friend? You can tell me. It's not like I'm going to tell anyone else."

Subatomic Seal
Group Admin

1188585 Ashenwing looked away, as if ashamed of something.
"I....I I don't know if I should tell you....."

Jacob gave a small smile and placed his armor-covered hoof on Ashenwing's shoulder. "I promise, no matter what you tell me, I won't think any different of you. Right now, you're my new friend who helped me slay a Rathian."

Subatomic Seal
Group Admin

"It-it's nothing you would care about..."
Which couldn't be far from the truth.

Jacob shrugged and waved his hoof dismissively. "So that would mean there's no harm in telling me. Come on, I promise nothing bad will happen if you tell me."

Subatomic Seal
Group Admin

1189379 Ashenwing whipped his head around to face Jacob.
"I don't want to tell you, okay!?!?!?" His eyes widen, as if he only just realized what he just said.

Jacob seemed taken aback, and a little hurt. He slowly put his helmet back on and began walking down the trail with his tail drooped.

"I only wanted to help....."

Subatomic Seal
Group Admin

1189407 Ashenwing lowered his head.
"S-sorry...."

[Hold up now, you're gonna have to do more than say sorry. If you don't tell him what's got you nervous, he's just gonna keep walking.]

Jacob didn't seem to hear Ashenwing, continuing to slowly walk down the trail with an air of sadness.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 252