Dysphoria 61 members · 6 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
thedarkprep
Group Admin

I've been thinking of ways to raise money for the Trevor Project.

One idea I had (which I'm going to do) was creating bracelets and buttons that say "Equestrian Equality Envoy" on them. The second idea I had was to print Dysphoria.

What I would do is set up something to ask for donations for the Trevor project, saying that if you donate above certain amount you get the Triple E stuff, and above another amount you get the Triple E stuff and the book.

However, before I do that, I need to get Dysphoria up to a publishable standard. For that, I need editors.
Arcs 4 and 5 will need very little work. Mostly just checking my spelling, grammar, and polishing up certain scenes to make it as good as it possibly can be. Arcs 1, 2, and 3, however, have added issues.
Those Arcs were written before my style change, and are decidedly more tell than show. I was okay with that in the beginning because having a lot of narration allowed me to create more imagery and be more poetic, but that only works, I think, if the stories are separate. This will be a book though, and as such the style differences would be too distracting and jarring.

Also, while I have not gotten many complaints about the first 3 arcs, me telling more than showing was the more reoccurring one, and one I haven't had in Arcs 4 and 5, so I think it would be for the best.
In any case, for those Arcs I need someone to do the normal editor thing, but also help with deciding where I need to make changes and what to keep the same. I can rewrite each chapter to be more dialogue heavy or have less narration, but I feel like getting rid of it all might detract from the story. I need people to help me make those decisions.

I should also add that the story will not be changed at all. The plot points need to stay the same and the story will be the same. It's just how the story is being told and presented that will change.

So.. anyone interested?

If so, say something here and/or send me a PM.

If anyone thinks this is a stupid idea, feel free to say so as well. I'm probably not going to listen (I'm kind of stubborn like that), but you can always say you told me so in the future.

-thedarkprep

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1