NLR Underground 69 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 514 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 514
flecdorbee
Group Admin

In one of the more unruly parts of the compound lies the Mess Hall, a large room dedicated to feeding you lot. The Mess is a place to relax, have a drink and a hot meal, and discuss anything and everything (Within your security clearance of course.) The Mess consists of the serving line, and 3 rows of metallic lunch tables, each 4 long. No outside food or drink during peak hours (12pm- 6pm) please.

I call the seat by the window!

*sits in dark corner with book*

flecdorbee
Group Admin

1919833>>1920801

Night Shade entered the mess hall, with Burnout in tow. They each looked around, then to themselves. They walked up to the middle row of tables, unspeaking, but with a smile on their faces, and set down four full cases of Stallion Special Ale. Night Shade called out to the recruits in the hall. "Why is there no party yet!? I would have guessed the mess would be shaking down to its foundations by now! After all, this is a day of celebration!"

Comment posted by Lunyx Force0 deleted Oct 10th, 2013

sorry sir, i'm just quiet. i did bring some sake though *pulls out large bottle* want some?

Lorthalis of Crows
Group Admin

*A thestral sits in the corner, hood pulled down. Whether he's asleep or not is hard to tell.*

Lorthalis of Crows
Group Admin

*The hooded thestral waves him off*
(My OC + alcohol= delusions of grandeur and megalomania. Not getting drunk.)

(got it, thanks)
no? suit yourself. the name's nyx. who are you?

"cool name... so how'd you end up 'round here?"

Lorthalis of Crows
Group Admin

"I walked....flew.....until somepony made me an offer that I accepted."
(Sorry, playing on multiple RP's right now. Won't be responsive. If you end up in a mission with him, I'll flesh out his character a little more.)

(no prob)
"i'm off to my bunk, don't wait up" *trots off*

*walks in sees the barrel sighs and walks to a random corner and pulls out a weird device and begins to mess around with it*

Lorthalis of Crows
Group Admin

*The thestral perks up, watching*

*continues to mess with the weird device even as it begins to smoke slightly*

*gets thrown through the double doors. stands up and wipes blood from my mouth and i point out of the door* good one....but i can do better *i fly out of the doors and a loud crash is heard*

1926828>>1923388>>1923118>>1922797>>1921294 (Walks through doors and looks around) You know what we need something a bit more heavy than that pitiful ale commander,what we need is my own home brewed alcohol.I all it 'Vodka: The better Brew' (sets down a couple cases by the Ale)."Come on every-pony let's drink!"

Shadow-Dancer
Group Contributor

*I Walk in and sit in another dark corner, the fact I am from a strange species not from this world singles me out as odd.*

Shadow-Dancer
Group Contributor

1929627 *I look over and look back in front of myself hidden in the shadow, my BDU specially designed for hiding in shadows like this*

DiZ steps into the mess hall. Time to meet with his squadmate...

1929724 (looks at you) "You too buddy" (picks up a bottle and throws at you.)

Shadow-Dancer
Group Contributor

1929763 *I catch it revealing my hand, and put it down on the table.* "I don't drink"

1929789 "then give it back i'll drink it"

Lorthalis of Crows
Group Admin

*A thestral fades into view in a corner*
(Hello.)

Shadow-Dancer
Group Contributor

1929819 *I throw it back and wait for the one that goes by the name Zephyr star*

1929839 (wait i switched it up i thought * was for something else) *catches and eyes you up* "Do you want a drink of any kind at all"

Shadow-Dancer
Group Contributor

1929863 "i'm fine." *I continue to think about how I got on this God-forsaken planet.*

flecdorbee
Group Admin

(For the sake of clarity, you should put actions inbetween *asterisks*. This is because out-of-character talking happens in (Parenthesis))

1930011 (yes i just figured that out i haven't been on a chat thread for a big bit of time)

1929882 "you sure well fine if you need anything just ask"

Shadow-Dancer
Group Contributor

1930032 "I'll keep that in mind."

"You're my squadmate, huh?" DiZ nods in his direction. "Probably guessed that I'd know you when I see you."

1930040 "now get out of those shadows"

Shadow-Dancer
Group Contributor

1930057 "The Shadows are what I operate in, I don't have magic, super strength or flight, so the shadows are my biggest advantage among you ponies."

Shadow-Dancer
Group Contributor

1930091 "Lets just say I'm not from the area."

DiZ takes a seat at one of the tables, sitting much like the odd mint-green mare often seen in the parks of Canterlot. He sits backwards, letting his back lean on the table itself.

"So, the note said that we should get to know each other a little better before we're assigned our first mission."

1930095 "And i care why you could be from the other side of the universe for all i could care"

Lorthalis of Crows
Group Admin

"True. they did. You first."

DiZ clops his front two hooves together, looking up at the ceiling.

"Oh boy, where do I began? I like to study things. See how other ponies work. The greatest of all of those interests stems from the Solar Empire. Why do ponies choose to be ruled over, when they can have a choice? Coming from a family that's served the Empire unquestioningly, I can tell that it's not because they're lazy. But that's why I'm here, because I'm probably the first in my family to ever question authority. I'd say it runs in the family, but... You know. It doesn't"

DiZ looks back down, and taps a hoof on the space beside him. "You might want to take a seat."

Lorthalis of Crows
Group Admin

"I can stand. Don't worry."
(Side note: Don't worry, he will become really really talkative at some point.)

Shadow-Dancer
Group Contributor

1930100 *I smile hidden in the shadow.* "well if you insist." *I come out of the shadow in a black BDU with a black balaclava on my face and glasses that had a full HUD on them.*

(imagine this but fully black and Aviator glasses on the face and no cloaking device, and other obvious differences)

DiZ shrugs. "Whatever, just a suggestion. Anyway, I was basically kicked out of my family line. Shame on you, your life, your chickens, blah-blah-blah. Nothing harsher than having your own father look you in the eye and telling you that you were no longer welcome in his house, let me tell you." DiZ pauses for a moment, not allowing his emotions to stir up. "I knew then that some things were always going to change, and that's how I got this."

He motions to his cutie mark, adjusting his sitting posture to show the white Delta on his grey fur. "Doctor Neighs, my Trig professor in my college classes, before I got well, kicked out of my family, always said that Delta meant change. Change in time, change in height, whatever, so I guess it means I gotta change something. I don't know, I'm not good with all that sentimental stuff. I lived on my own for a little while, then word went around that I was a radical anarchist. So guess where I went? New Lunar Republic. Started to convert others to our cause. Celestia's regime got their jimmies in a rustle, and I learned how to fight. Now I'm here."

DiZ shifts back to his normal sitting position.

"How about you?"

Lorthalis of Crows
Group Admin

"Me? I made up my life. You know all those things they tell you aren't real, or don't act like they did in the olden days anymore? Well, they don't know what they're talking about. The everfree is rather nice for nighttime strolls though."

Shadow-Dancer
Group Contributor

1930227 *I sit back in the dark corner.*

DiZ tilts his head, trying to make sense of what he means. "Oh," he says, after a moment of thinking, "You mean being a 'ling, huh? It's cool, I had just assumed everything my father told me about you guys was bull anyway, considering how radical he was about it. Can you really shape-shift though?"

Lorthalis of Crows
Group Admin

*Looks at him with slack-jawed expression*
(He has been in thestral form. Night shade and Burnout are the only ones that knew.)
"You think I'm a 'ling?"

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 514