Doom 344 members · 54 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2

I've been working on my DOOM fic right now for a good year or so and its my first major writing project. The first few chapters don't include much demonic action as its build-up however the later chapters (which I have pointed out in the description of it) are much more action focused and DOOM-related. I decided to make this forum post cause I guess this group is looking just a little barren. (Pun?)

I was getting really tired by fanfics where Doomguy is uncharacteristically friendly to ponies. Like, I can get him not ripping them in half and shit but why is he treating them like puppy-dogs? Taking off his helmet and telling them to call him Flynn and stuff. Why would he do that? None of his character has ever indicated he would do that kind of stuff, ever. I guess that's why I decided to make my story since I didn't like the Slayer's mis-characterization just for expectation subversion.

That's me though, what do you guys think about the characterization of Doomguy in most stories?

The best ones, in my opinion, involve Doomguy being a silent (or near-silent, anyway) badass

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2