The Honor Bound Soldiers of the Royal Guard 255 members · 249 stories
Comments ( 14 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 14

Just as the thread title implies, I need a name for a kind hearted guard. Any thoughts?
(it's a stallion)

None really, the small number of military ponies I have made really don't have kind hearted sounding names. Plus are they male or female?

1755451 Male, and I have the same problem, I have plenty of tougher sounding names, but for this particular story I need a softer sounding one. That's not to say however he's any weaker than the average guard, it just can't be something too imposing.

How about "Chivalry"? It's not really all that of a tough name, and it has a nice ring to it IMO.

That will certainly make it harder. My usual suggestion would be to take a look at ponies from previous generations and use them, I have at least three military ponies that are from other generations.

1755508 Oooooh, good one, but I need a good second name... or perhaps Chivalry is the second name

1755545 Aye it is harder, hence me asking for help.:rainbowlaugh:

It could be like Rarity's name and not have a second part. Though, a lot of the ponies' names have to do with their appearance/talent. Perhaps you can come up with something from that? :unsuresweetie:

Yes indeed, and it's harder to be funny. I took who was the G1 prototype for Rarity and casted her as the Commandant of the Royal Marines.

One name that comes to mind is Lionheart. Also Saber for some reason though that would be better suited for a mare.

1755634 I do suppose I have to put some effort into it.:twilightsmile:

1755642 Lionheart is actually pretty spot on, either that one or Chivalry.

1755237 how about Thunderbrise?

2208199 A wee bit late to the party I'm afraid, though I appreciate the help.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 14